Brew:Rules/Types of Magic
From Drinking and Dragons
This page lists the types of magic that have been encountered or mentioned in the campaign. Note that this is a starting point not a definitive list. If you have an idea, let's talk about it!
Used in the campaign
- Saucerors (aka Pastronomers, Sandwitches, etc.)
- Saucerors use food to cast their magic. So far in the game we have seen Briskets of Dimensional Travel and Bagels of Protection.
- Fabrimancers are evolved from armor and weaponsmithing magics of ages past. They create clothing with magical effects. We've seen a Snuggie of Protection and Glitter of Blinding in the campaign.
- James character is an Alchemist in training and uses it frequently.
- Faerie Magic
- We haven't seen a whole lot of this, but the cast has encountered faeries of both courts.
- This is something that Underscore has been known to use but it hasn't been seen. This type of magic runs contrary to the usual "magic shorts out tech" effect.
- Martial Magic
- This type of magic enhances the physical efforts of the caster. Brick and the Iranian Ninjas use this form of magic.
- Each element is its own type of magic. Becca makes use of air (telekinesis) and fire.
- This type of magic was used by Gareth Blackspine, the nerdy druid to animate bushes.
Not mentioned but possible
- Modern illusion magic
- Mind magic
- Skyentists (modern astrologers, divination)
- 🎲 DM I've mentioned that I really want to feature an NPC Red Necromancer. ::rimshot::