From Drinking and Dragons
- Armor Check Penalty: -0
|Bluff||+14||✔||CHA 1||9||+1 recap|
|Disable Device||+20||✔||DEX 5||9||✔||+1 trait, +2 tools|
|Disguise||+17||✔||CHA 1||3||+10 with hat|
|Escape Artist||+14||✔||DEX 5||6||✔|
|Perception||+12||✔||WIS -2||9||+2 racial|
|Sense Motive||+2||✔||WIS -2||1|
|Sleight of Hand||+14||✔||DEX 5||6||✔||+4 conceal light blade (ROG 8/2)|
|Spellcraft||+9||✔||INT 3||1||+2 recap|
|Stealth||+22||✔||DEX 5||9||✔||Size 0, Competence 5|
|Use Magic Device||+13||✔||CHA 1||9|
|Perform (Dance)||+7||✔||CHA 1||1||+2 recap|
Isra'a Ninth Level Chaotic Good Half-Elf Knife-Master Rogue (8) / Lore Warden Fighter (1)
- Senses: Low-light vision
- Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon, Giant
- Movement: 30'
- Unhindered and pass without trace in swamp & mud. (And stays dry in fog and rain.)
- Base statistics: Str: 14 (2), Dex: 20 (5), Con: 15 (2), Int: 14 (2), Wis: 5 (-3), Cha: 12 (1)
- Magically enhanced: Str: 14 (2), Dex: 20 (5), Con: 15 (2), Int: 16 (3), Wis: 7 (-2), Cha: 12 (1)
- Additional +2 circumstance bonus to Strength checks from Crowbar when appropriate.
- Space/Reach: 5/5 (Medium)
- Initiative: +5 (DEX 5)
- Hit Dice: 8d8 + 1d10
- Hit Points: 86 + 1d4
- Armor: 5, Shield: 0, DEX: 5, Natural: 1, Deflection: 0, Dodge: 1, Size: 0
- Armor Class: 21 (10, DEX 5, Size, Armor 5, Shield, Natural 1, Deflection, Dodge 1)
- Touch: 16 (10, DEX 5, Size, Deflection, Dodge 1)
- Flat-footed: 21 (10, Size, Armor 5, Shield, Natural 1, Deflection, Dodge 1)
- Combat Maneuver Defense: 25 (10, BAB 7, STR 2, DEX 5, Size)
- +2 AC vs light blades (ROG 8/3)
- Saving Throws
- Fort: +9 (Base 4, CON 2, Resistance 1, Great Fortitude 2)
- Extra +1 vs poison, disease
- Refl: +12 (Base 6, DEX 5, Resistance 1)
- Will: +3 (Base 2, WIS -2, Resistance 1, Dual Minded 2)
- +2 racial vs enchantment
- Base Attack Bonus: +7/+2
- Combat Maneuver Bonus: +9 (BAB 7, STR 2, Size)
- Melee Attack: +9/+4 (BAB 7, STR 2, Size)
- Finesse Attack: +12/+7 (BAB 7, DEX 5, Size)
- Ranged Attack: +12/+7 (BAB 7, DEX 5, Size)
- Sneak Attack
- 4d8: dagger, kerambit, kukri, punching daggers, starknife, or swordbreaker dagger
- 4d4: all other weapons
- Single Attack
- +14 kukri 1d4+3
- Full Attack
- (Main) +12/+7 kukris 1d4+3 (Off-Hand) +12/+7 kukri 1d4+2
- Rope 3/day
- CL 8; DC 13 10+Int 3
- Shield 2/day
- CL 8; DC 14 10+1+Int 3
- Snap the Leash 1/day
- CL 8; DC 15 10+2+Int 3
- Trap Finder (Campaign, People of the Sands)
- Forgotten dungeons and ancient tombs have always held an appeal for you, and you've never been able to resist the urge to delve into these lost sites in search of knowledge, treasure, or both. You may not have received any formal training in the roguish arts, but you've nonetheless become skilled at spotting and disabling hidden traps. The tombs of of the necropolis, just opened for exploration, seem like the perfect place to put your skills to the test.
- Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Disable Device checks, and that skill is always a class skill for you. In addition, you can use Disable Device to disarm magic traps, like a rogue.
- Heirloom Weapon (Equipment, Adventurer's Armory)
- You carry a non-masterwork simple or martial weapon that has been passed down from generation to generation in your family.
- Benefit: When you select this trait, choose one of the following benefits:
- proficiency with that specific weapon
- Note: You pay the standard GP cost for the weapon.
- Modified: No item gained, just proficiency in "kukri".
Race - Half-Elf
- +2 to One Ability Score
- Half-elf characters gain a +2 bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.
- Half-elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Normal Speed
- Half-elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision
- Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Replaced by Dual Minded.
- Elf Blood
- Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.
- Elven Immunities
- Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
- Keen Senses
- Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Half-elves choose two favored classes at first level and gain +1 hit point or +1 skill point whenever they take a level in either one of those classes.
- Half-elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Half-elves with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Dual Minded
- The mixed ancestry of some half-elves makes them resistant to mental attacks. Half-elves with this racial trait gain a +2 bonus on all Will saving throws. This racial trait replaces the adaptability racial trait.
Class - Rogue
- Class Skills
- The rogue's class skills are Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Dex), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (local) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Stealth (Dex), Swim (Str), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
- Skill Ranks per Level: 8 + Int modifier.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency
- Rogues are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. They are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.
- Sneak Attack
- Modified by Knife Master Sneak Stab.
- If a rogue can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.
- The rogue's attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 every two rogue levels thereafter. Should the rogue score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this extra damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks can count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.
- With a weapon that deals nonlethal damage (like a sap, whip, or an unarmed strike), a rogue can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. She cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, not even with the usual –4 penalty.
- The rogue must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A rogue cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment.
- Current level: 4d6
- Replaced by Knife Master Hidden Blade.
- Evasion (Ex)
- At 2nd level and higher, a rogue can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the rogue is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless rogue does not gain the benefit of evasion.
- Rogue Talents
- As a rogue gains experience, she learns a number of talents that aid her and confound her foes. Starting at 2nd level, a rogue gains one rogue talent. She gains an additional rogue talent for every 2 levels of rogue attained after 2nd level. A rogue cannot select an individual talent more than once.
- Talents marked with an asterisk add effects to a rogue's sneak attack. Only one of these talents can be applied to an individual attack and the decision must be made before the attack roll is made.
- Finesse Rogue
- A rogue that selects this talent gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat.
- Weapon Training
- A rogue that selects this talent gains Weapon Focus as a bonus feat.
- Resiliency (Ex)
- Once per day, a rogue with this ability can gain a number of temporary hit points equal to the rogue's level. Activating this ability is an immediate action that can only be performed when she is brought to below 0 hit points. This ability can be used to prevent her from dying. These temporary hit points last for 1 minute. If the rogue's hit points drop below 0 due to the loss of these temporary hit points, she falls unconscious and is dying as normal.
- Minor Magic (Sp)
- Prerequisite: Intelligence 10. Benefit: A rogue with this talent gains the ability to cast a 0-level spell from the sorcerer/wizard spell list. This spell can be cast three times a day as a spell-like ability. The caster level for this ability is equal to the rogue's level. The save DC for this spell is 10 + the rogue's Intelligence modifier.
- Chapter 1 recap. 0-level spell "Rope".
Trap Sense (Ex)
- Replaced by Knife Master Blade Sense.
- Uncanny Dodge (Ex)
- Starting at 4th level, a rogue can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does she lose her Dex bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. She still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. A rogue with this ability can still lose her Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action (see Combat) against her.
- If a rogue already has uncanny dodge from a different class, she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge (see below) instead.
- Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex)
- A rogue of 8th level or higher can no longer be flanked.
- This defense denies another rogue the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target does.
- If a character already has uncanny dodge (see above) from another class, the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum rogue level required to flank the character.
- Major Magic (Sp)
- A rogue with this talent gains the ability to cast a 1st-level spell from the sorcerer/wizard spell list two times a day as a spell-like ability. The caster level for this ability is equal to the rogue's level. The save DC for this spell is 11 + the rogue's Intelligence modifier. The rogue must have an Intelligence of at least 11 to select this talent. A rogue must have the minor magic rogue talent before choosing this talent.
- Chosen: Shield
- Superior Magic (Sp)
- A rogue with this talent gains the ability to cast a 2nd-level spell from the sorcerer/wizard spell list once a day as a spell-like ability. The caster level for this ability is equal to the rogue's level. The save DC for this spell is 12 + the rogue's Intelligence modifier.
- Chapter 2 recap. 2nd-level spell "Snap the Leash"
- Hidden Blade
- A knife master adds 1/2 her level on Sleight of Hand checks made to conceal a light blade. This ability replaces trapfinding.
- Sneak Stab (Ex)
- A knife master focuses her ability to deal sneak attack damage with daggers and similar weapons to such a degree that she can deal more sneak attack damage with those weapons at the expense of sneak attacks with other weapons. When she makes a sneak attack with a dagger, kerambit, kukri, punching daggers, starknife, or swordbreaker dagger (Advanced Player's Guide 178), she uses d8s to roll sneak attack damage instead of d6s. For sneak attacks with all other weapons, she uses d4s instead of d6s. This ability is identical in all other ways to sneak attack, and supplements that ability.
- Blade Sense (Ex)
- At 3rd level, a knife master is so skilled in combat involving light blades that she gains a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made against her with light blades. This bonus increases by +1 for every three levels, to a maximum of +6 at 18th level. This ability replaces trap sense.
Class - Fighter
- Class Skills
- The fighter's class skills are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
- Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier.
- A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons
and with all armor (heavy, light, and medium) and shields (including tower shields). Altered by Lore Warden Scholastic
- Bonus Feats
- At 1st level, and at every even level thereafter, a fighter gains a bonus feat in addition to those gained from normal advancement (meaning that the fighter gains a feat at every level). These bonus feats must be selected from those listed as combat feats, sometimes also called “fighter bonus feats.”
- Upon reaching 4th level, and every four levels thereafter (8th, 12th, and so on), a fighter can choose to learn a new bonus feat in place of a bonus feat he has already learned. In effect, the fighter loses the bonus feat in exchange for the new one. The old feat cannot be one that was used as a prerequisite for another feat, prestige class, or other ability. A fighter can only change one feat at any given level and must choose whether or not to swap the feat at the time he gains a new bonus feat for the level.
- Scholastic (Ex)
- Lore wardens gain 2 additional skill ranks each level. These ranks must be spent on Intelligence-based skills. All Intelligence-based skills are class skills for lore wardens. This ability replaces the lore warden’s proficiency with medium armor, heavy armor, and shields.
- Expertise (Ex)
- At 2nd level, a lore warden gains Combat Expertise as a bonus feat, even if he would not normally qualify for this feat. This ability replaces bravery 1.
- Maneuver Mastery (Ex)
- At 3rd level, a lore warden gains a +2 bonus on all CMB checks and to his CMD. This bonus increases to +4 at 7th level, +6 at 11th level, and +8 at 15th level. This ability replaces armor training 1.
- Dodge (Combat)
- 1st level
- Your training and reflexes allow you to react swiftly to avoid an opponents' attacks.
- Prerequisite: Dex 13.
- Benefit: You gain a +1 dodge bonus to your AC. A condition that makes you lose your Dex bonus to AC also makes you lose the benefits of this feat.
- Two-Weapon Fighting (Combat)
- 3rd level
- You can fight with a weapon wielded in each of your hands. You can make one extra attack each round with the secondary weapon.
- Prerequisite: Dex 15.
- Benefit: Your penalties on attack rolls for fighting with two weapons are reduced. The penalty for your primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for your off hand lessens by 6. See Two-Weapon Fighting in Combat.
- Normal: If you wield a second weapon in your off hand, you can get one extra attack per round with that weapon. When fighting in this way you suffer a –6 penalty with your regular attack or attacks with your primary hand and a –10 penalty to the attack with your off hand. If your off-hand weapon is light, the penalties are reduced by 2 each. An unarmed strike is always considered light.
- Weapon Finesse (Combat)
- Rogue 2 Rogue talent Finesse rogue
- You are trained in using your agility in melee combat, as opposed to brute strength.
- Benefit: With a light weapon, rapier, whip, or spiked chain made for a creature of your size category, you may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls. If you carry a shield, its armor check penalty applies to your attack rolls.
- Special: Natural weapons are considered light weapons.
- Weapon Focus (Combat)
- Rogue 4 Rogue talent Weapon training
- Choose one type of weapon. You can also choose unarmed strike or grapple (or ray, if you are a spellcaster) as your weapon for the purposes of this feat.
- Prerequisites: Proficiency with selected weapon, base attack bonus +1.
- Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon.
- Special: You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon.
- The Warchanter Made Me Do It
- Chapter 1 reward
- You have been joked upon by the goblins one too many times.
- Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on all Spellcraft checks and Perform (Dance) checks. If you have 10 or more ranks in one of these skills, the bonus increases to +4 for that skill.
- Shadow Strike (Combat)
- 5th level
- You accurately strike even those you cannot clearly see.
- Prerequisite: Base attack bonus +1.
- Benefit: You can deal precision damage, such as sneak attack damage, against targets with concealment (but not total concealment).
- Coordinated Shot (Combat, Teamwork)
- Misgivings Bonus Feat DM Shared with Tokki
- Your ranged attacks against an opponent take advantage of your ally's positioning.
- Prerequisite(s): Point-Blank Shot.
- Benefit: If your ally with this feat is threatening an opponent and is not providing cover to that opponent against your ranged attacks, you gain a +1 bonus on ranged attacks against that opponent. If your ally with this feat is flanking that opponent with another ally (even if that other ally doesn't have this feat), this bonus increases to +2.
- Duck and Cover (Teamwork)
- Misgivings Bonus Feat DM Shared with Calum
- Your allies assist you in avoiding certain attacks.
- Benefit: Whenever you are adjacent to an ally who also has this feat, and both of you are required to make a reflex saving throw against a spell or effect, you may take the result of your die roll or that of your ally (your modifiers still apply to the roll, regardless of which result you take). If you take your ally’s result, you are knocked prone (or staggered on your next turn, if you are already prone or cannot be knocked prone). In addition, you receive a +2 cover bonus to your AC against ranged attacks as long as your ally is wielding a shield.
- Great Fortitude
- 7th level
- You are resistant to poisons, diseases, and other maladies.
- Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on all Fortitude saving throws.
- Improved Two Weapon Fighting
- 1st level Fighter bonus feat
- You are skilled at fighting with two weapons.
- Prerequisite: Dex 17, Two-Weapon Fighting, base attack bonus +6.
- Benefit: In addition to the standard single extra attack you get with an off-hand weapon, you get a second attack with it, albeit at a –5 penalty.
- Normal: Without this feat, you can only get a single extra attack with an off-hand weapon.
- Dazzling Display (Combat)
- Chapter 2 reward
- Your skill with your favored weapon can frighten enemies.
- Prerequisite: Weapon Focus, proficiency with the selected weapon
- Benefit: While wielding the weapon in which you have Weapon Focus, you can perform a bewildering show of prowess as a full-round action. Make an Intimidate check to demoralize all foes within 30 feet who can see your display.
- Unsure Grounding ()
- Chapter 2 reward
- Isra'a is always second-guessing himself. He's never sure if he's taking the proper course of action. "Is there really no trap, or did I just fail to find it? Am I really contributing to this fight, or am I just dead weight since I can't get in a flanking position? What am I doing? Are these my own thoughts -- or did someone take over my mind again?" And more. Isra'a even questions his own good deeds and heart. Uncertainty leads to frustration; turns to anger, tending to make him appear threatening, aggressive and unpredictable.
- Effect: Every time initiative is rolled for a new encounter, Isra'a becomes subject to an effect similar to the Slow spell as he has his self-doubts. Will save negates. The DC for this is 10 + INT + 1/2 character level. (Currently 10 + 3 + 4 = 17.) Haste and similar effects automatically dispel/prevent this. This effect lasts only 1 round.
- Shatter Defenses (Combat)
- 9th level
- Your skill with your chosen weapon leaves opponents unable to defend themselves if you strike them when their defenses are already compromised.
- Any shaken, frightened, or panicked opponent hit by you this round is flat-footed to your attacks until the end of your next turn. This includes any additional attacks you make this round.
- Favored Class: Rogue + Fighter
- Deity: Calistria
- Gender: Male
- Handedness: Right
- Age (Category): 22
- Height/Weight: 5'11/175#
- Skin/Eyes: medium/green
- Hair/Style/Facial:medium length black in tight pony tail/none