Father Tokki Bumblesnarf (no relation)
- Warrior of the Light
Race: Gnome (Bleaching)
- Pyromanic Alternative Trait
Alignment: LG | Size: S
Patron Deity: Erastil
Abilities Str 12(14) +1 (+2) | Dex 20(22) +5 (+6)| Con 14(16) +2 (+3) | Int 12 +1 | Wis 8 -1 | Cha 16(20) +3(+5) |
AC: 30(32) / Touch: 21, Flatfooted: 22(24)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Normal Bow Routines
Point Blank Shot
Smite Evil (Normal)
Smite Evil (Normal) & Point Blank
You get a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet.
You can shoot or throw ranged weapons at an opponent engaged in melee without taking the standard –4 penalty on your attack roll.
When making a full-attack action with a ranged weapon, you can fire one additional time this round. All of your attack rolls take a –2 penalty when using Rapid Shot.
You can choose to take a –1 penalty on all ranged attack rolls to gain a +2 bonus on all ranged damage rolls. When your base attack bonus reaches +4, and every +4 thereafter, the penalty increases by –1 and the bonus to damage increases by +2. You must choose to use this feat before making an attack roll and its effects last until your next turn. The bonus damage does not apply to touch attacks or effects that do not deal hit point damage.
When making a full-attack action with a bow, your first attack fires two arrows. If the attack hits, both arrows hit. Apply precision-based damage (such as sneak attack) and critical hit damage only once for this attack. Damage bonuses from using a composite bow with a high Strength bonus apply to each arrow, as do other damage bonuses, such as a ranger's favored enemy bonus. Damage reduction and resistances apply separately to each arrow.
Once per round when your mount is hit in combat, you may attempt a Ride check (as an immediate action) to negate the hit. The hit is negated if your Ride check result is greater than the opponent's attack roll.
The penalty you take when using a ranged weapon while mounted is halved: –2 instead of –4 if your mount is taking a double move, and –4 instead of –8 if your mount is running.
Your ranged attacks ignore the AC bonus granted to targets by anything less than total cover, and the miss chance granted to targets by anything less than total concealment. Total cover and total concealment provide their normal benefits against your ranged attacks.
You can use your lay on hands ability two additional times per day. Special: You can gain Extra Lay On Hands multiple times. Its effects stack.
You can channel energy two additional times per day. Special: If a paladin with the ability to channel positive energy takes this feat, she can use lay on hands four additional times a day, but only to channel positive energy.
You get a +3 bonus on all checks involving the chosen skill. If you have 10 or more ranks in that skill, this bonus increases to +6.
ACP = -0/-2
Languages: Common, Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Sylvan
- Small: Gnomes are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Slow Speed: Gnomes have a base speed of 20 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Gnomes can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
- Defensive Training: Gnomes gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
- Hatred: Gnomes receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the reptilian and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes.
- Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
- Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
- Pyromaniac: Gnomes with this racial trait are treated as one level higher when casting spells with the fire descriptor, using granted powers of the Fire domain, using the bloodline powers of the fire elemental bloodline or the revelations of the oracle's flame mystery, and determining the damage of alchemist bombs that deal fire damage (this ability does not give gnomes early access to level-based powers; it only affects the powers they could use without this ability). Gnomes with Charisma scores of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame. The caster level for these effects is equal to the gnome's level; the DCs are Charisma-based. This racial trait replaces gnome magic and illusion resistance.
- Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes treat any weapon with the word "gnome" in its name as a martial weapon.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Paladins are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all types of armor (heavy, medium, and light), and with shields (except tower shields).
- Aura of Good (Ex): The power of a paladin's aura of good (see the detect good spell) is equal to her paladin level.
- Detect Evil (Sp): At will, a paladin can use detect evil, as the spell. A paladin can, as a move action, concentrate on a single item or individual within 60 feet and determine if it is evil, learning the strength of its aura as if having studied it for 3 rounds. While focusing on one individual or object, the paladin does not detect evil in any other object or individual within range.
- Smite Evil (Su): +5 hit & AC / +15,30 dmg / 5x day Once per day, a paladin can call out to the powers of good to aid her in her struggle against evil. As a swift action, the paladin chooses one target within sight to smite. If this target is evil, the paladin adds her Charisma bonus (if any) to her attack rolls and adds her paladin level to all damage rolls made against the target of her smite. If the target of smite evil is an outsider with the evil subtype, an evil-aligned dragon, or an undead creature, the bonus to damage on the first successful attack increases to 2 points of damage per level the paladin possesses. Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess.
- In addition, while smite evil is in effect, the paladin gains a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier (if any) to her AC against attacks made by the target of the smite. If the paladin targets a creature that is not evil, the smite is wasted with no effect.
- The smite evil effect remains until the target of the smite is dead or the next time the paladin rests and regains her uses of this ability. At 4th level, and at every three levels thereafter, the paladin may smite evil one additional time per day, as indicated on Table: Paladin, to a maximum of seven times per day at 19th level.
- Divine Grace (Su): At 2nd level, a paladin gains a bonus equal to her Charisma bonus (if any) on all saving throws.
- Lay On Hands (Su): 7d6 / 15x day Beginning at 2nd level, a paladin can heal wounds (her own or those of others) by touch. Each day she can use this ability a number of times equal to 1/2 her paladin level plus her Charisma modifier. With one use of this ability, a paladin can heal 1d6 hit points of damage for every two paladin levels she possesses. Using this ability is a standard action, unless the paladin targets herself, in which case it is a swift action. Despite the name of this ability, a paladin only needs one free hand to use this ability.
- Alternatively, a paladin can use this healing power to deal damage to undead creatures, dealing 1d6 points of damage for every two levels the paladin possesses. Using lay on hands in this way requires a successful melee touch attack and doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity. Undead do not receive a saving throw against this damage.
- Aura of Courage (Su): At 3rd level, a paladin is immune to fear (magical or otherwise). Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear effects. This ability functions only while the paladin is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.
- Divine Health (Ex): At 3rd level, a paladin is immune to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases, including mummy rot.
- Mercy (Su): At 3rd level, and every three levels thereafter, a paladin can select one mercy. Each mercy adds an effect to the paladin's lay on hands ability. Whenever the paladin uses lay on hands to heal damage to one target, the target also receives the additional effects from all of the mercies possessed by the paladin. A mercy can remove a condition caused by a curse, disease, or poison without curing the affliction. Such conditions return after 1 hour unless the mercy actually removes the affliction that causes the condition.
- Channel Positive Energy (Su): 8d6 / 2x day for free When a paladin reaches 4th level, she gains the supernatural ability to channel positive energy like a cleric. Using this ability consumes two uses of her lay on hands ability. A paladin uses her level as her effective cleric level when channeling positive energy. This is a Charisma-based ability.
- Channeling energy causes a burst that affects all creatures of one type (either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the cleric. The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage for every two cleric levels beyond 1st (2d6 at 3rd, 3d6 at 5th, and so on). Creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save to halve the damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the cleric's level + the cleric's Charisma modifier. Creatures healed by channel energy cannot exceed their maximum hit point total—all excess healing is lost. This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A cleric can choose whether or not to include herself in this effect.
- Power of Faith (Su): At 4th level, a warrior of the holy light learns to use the power of her faith to bolster her defenses and aid her allies. This class feature replaces the paladin’s spells class feature. A warrior of the holy light does not gain any spells or spellcasting abilities, does not have a caster level, and cannot use spell trigger or spell completion magic items.
- At 4th level, the warrior of the holy light gains one additional use of her lay on hands ability per day. She gains one additional use of lay on hands per day for every four levels she attains beyond 4th. She can spend a use of her lay on hands ability to call upon the power of her faith as a standard action. This causes a nimbus of light to emanate from the warrior of the holy light in a 30-foot radius. All allies in this area (including the warrior of the holy light) receive a +1 morale bonus to AC and on attack rolls, damage rolls, and saving throws against fear as long as they remain in the area of light. This power lasts for 1 minute.
- At 8th level, the nimbus of light heals the paladin and her allies, curing of them of 1d4 points of ability damage, as per the spell lesser restoration. A creature can only be healed in this way once per day.
- At 12th level, the nimbus of light is treated as daylight for the purposes of affecting creatures with sensitivity to light. In addition, the nimbus grants allies in the area resistance 10 to one type of energy, selected by the warrior of the holy light when this power is activated.
- Divine Bond: Dividends (Su): 3x day The second type of bond allows a paladin to gain the service of an unusually intelligent, strong, and loyal steed to serve her in her crusade against evil. This mount is usually a heavy horse (for a Medium paladin) or a pony (for a Small paladin), although more exotic mounts, such as a boar, camel, or dog are also suitable. This mount functions as a druid's animal companion, using the paladin's level as her effective druid level. Bonded mounts have an Intelligence of at least 6.
- Once per day, as a full-round action, a paladin may magically call her mount to her side. This ability is the equivalent of a spell of a level equal to one-third the paladin's level. The mount immediately appears adjacent to the paladin. A paladin can use this ability once per day at 5th level, and one additional time per day for every 4 levels thereafter, for a total of four times per day at 17th level.
- At 11th level, the mount gains the celestial creature simple template and becomes a magical beast for the purposes of determining which spells affect it.
- At 15th level, a paladin's mount gains spell resistance equal to the paladin's level + 11.
- Should the paladin's mount die, the paladin may not summon another mount for 30 days or until she gains a paladin level, whichever comes first. During this 30-day period, the paladin takes a –1 penalty on attack and weapon damage rolls.
- Aura of Resolve (Su): At 8th level, a paladin is immune to charm spells and spell-like abilities. Each ally within 10 feet of her gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against charm effects. This ability functions only while the paladin is conscious, not if she is unconscious or dead.
- Aura of Justice (Su): At 11th level, a paladin can expend two uses of her smite evil ability to grant the ability to smite evil to all allies within 10 feet, using her bonuses. Allies must use this smite evil ability by the start of the paladin's next turn and the bonuses last for 1 minute. Using this ability is a free action. Evil creatures gain no benefit from this ability.
- Shining Light (Su): 1x Day At 14th level, a warrior of the holy light can unleash a 30-foot burst of pure, white light as a standard action. evil creatures within this burst take 1d6 points of damage for every two paladin levels and are blinded for 1 round. Evil dragons, evil outsiders, and evil undead are blinded for 1d4 rounds on a failed save. A Reflex save halves this damage and negates the blindness. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the warrior of the holy light’s level + the warrior of the holy light’s Charisma modifier (DC: 21). Good creatures within this burst are healed 1d6 points of damage per two paladin levels and receive a +2 sacred bonus on ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks for 1 round. A warrior of the holy light can use this ability once per day at 14th level plus one additional time per day at 17th and 20th levels.
The number "7" keeps coming up. Seven virtues. Seven sins. Seven rune lords. Seven-pointed star, the sihedron. Seven companions on under your watch. Seven altars in the cathedral. The year is 4707. Seven gold profit on the last trade. Grain's currently selling for 7 coins per unit. Let the tea to steep for seven minutes. Seven minutes for the perfect egg. 70 feet maximum for best accuracy with a composite short bow. Seven gold to buy a lantern to bring light into the world. Seven different cargos to optimize against risk of loss in a caravan...
- Trait: Numerological Gift
- Keyed to 7.
Lept far from us all,
- Blood and lust cloud her wild eyes.
- Aim true, Erastil.
- +1 rank in Sense Motive, and
- Savior's Arrow feat, but allowed for Lay on Hands if used as a full-round action. Savior's Arrow
Tokki is a Warrior of the Holy Light, and he must not forget it. Recent occurrences (such as the scarecrow incident, and the discussions with his fellow clergy of Erastil) have reminded him of the importance of the sense of community, the community that had been taken from him. Sometimes, the healer's best course is to amputate the afflicted limb, or to excise the tumor, that is rarely the healer's first course. He will treat the whole person, trying to save as much as he can, if he can. A community is a lot like a living being in many respects. It has been said by many that this is a way in which they are more alike than others. Tokki wants to heal -- not only by eradication of the ailment, but also by recuperation of the whole. Effect:
- During combat, lethal damage from your attacks cannot take an opponent below 1 hit point, unless that foe is subject to your Smite Evil ability, or a declared target of your revenge [including "biggest bad in the region"], et cetera.
- Feat: Extra Lay On Hands
- Skill: +1 Sense Motive
- Arrow of Mercy (Su): You can, as a standard action, spend a Lay On Hands. This lets you make a single normal attack that deals non-lethal damage without the normal penalty, so long as the target is not (same conditions as above). This attack adds your lay on hands amount as additional non-lethal damage.
- You can use Lesser Geas 1/day (Sp), so long as that geas has a strong relation to the recipient repenting, bettering himself, and so on. If cast on a target which was knocked unconscious from your Arrow of Mercy, he rolls his save twice and keeps the worse of the two results.
After drinking the potion that Yap has given him, Tokki's eyes are finally opened and he is seeing the world for the first time as it is in years. Colors seem brings, sounds crisper, and his thoughts are less muddled. He realizes that his quest for vengeance against the giants would only bring senseless death. He needs to look beyond the wrongs done to him and his people and focus on the big picture. With his newfound clarity, he may be able to do just that.
Tokki has also realized that he cannot do this without the help of his companions. In losing his sense of vengeance, his spirit has shifted to helping those around him and alleviating any of they pain he may have felt in the past.
- Lose Oath of Vengence
- Skill: +1 Perception
- Feat: Extra Channel