From Drinking and Dragons
Grimwl - Grimlock Owl hybrid
|Size/Type:||Small Monsterous Humanoid|
|Speed:||20ft, fly 30ft. average|
|AC:||+4 natural, +1 size|
|SQ:||Blindsight 50ft, immunities, scent|
|Attribute Modifiers:||+2 STR, +2 DEX, +2 CON, -2 WIS, -4 CHA|
- Blindsight (Ex)
- Grimlocks can sense all foes within 40 feet as a sighted creature would. Having been blended with an owl's superior hearing, it can sense out to 50 feet. Beyond that range, they treat all targets as having total concealment.
- Grimlocks are susceptible to sound- and scent-based attacks, however, and are affected normally by loud noises and sonic spells (such as ghost sound or silence) and overpowering odors (such as stinking cloud or incense-heavy air). Negating a grimlock’s sense of smell or hearing reduces this ability to normal Blind-Fight (as the feat). If both these senses are negated, a grimlock is effectively blinded.
- Grimlocks are immune to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
- A grimlock’s dull gray skin helps it hide in its native terrain, conferring a +6 racial bonus on Hide checks when in mountains or underground.
- Grimwls have a +4 racial bonus on Listen checks and a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.