Amphibious Tentacled Sahuagin Traits (Ex)
- Types: Monsterous Humanoid (Sahuagin, Amphibious, Aquatic)
- Aquatic subtype: Can breathe underwater. Has a swim speed, thus can move in water without making swim checks.
- Amphibous subtype: An amphibious creature can breathe air as well as water.
- Monsterous Humanoid type: Darkvision, proficiencies, need to eat, sleep, breathe.
- 2 racial (monsterous humanoid) hit dice: 8+1d8 HP, +2 BAB, +3 Reflex, +3 Will, (2+Int)*5 skill points, 1 feat
- +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
- +5 natural armor
- Blindsense (Ex): A sahuagin can locate creatures underwater within a 30-foot radius. This ability works only when the sahuagin is underwater.
- Freshwater Sensitivity (Ex): A sahuagin fully immersed in fresh water must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or become fatigued. Even on a success, it must repeat the save attempt every 10 minutes it remains immersed.
- Light Blindness (Ex): Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds sahuagin for round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled while operating in bright light.
- Speak with Sharks (Ex): Sahuagin can communicate telepathically with sharks up to 150 feet away. The communication is limited to fairly simple concepts such as "food," "danger," and "enemy." Sahuagin can use the Handle Animal skill to befriend and train sharks.
- Natural attacks: 2x primary talons (1d4), secondary bite (1d4)
- Rake (Ex): Secondary natural attack, damage 1d4+(1/2 Str). A sahuagin also gains two rake attacks when it attacks while swimming.
- Tentacles (Ex): This creature has two tentacles in addition to its two normal humanoid hands. Each tentacle is a natural attack that deals 1d4 points of damage, plus strength modifier. They can be primary attacks, but secondary attacks if used in conjunction with other attacks. They also grant a +2 racial bonus to grapple checks.
- Ink Cloud (Ex): This creature can emit a cloud of jet-black ink 10 feet high by 10 feet wide by 10 feet long once per minute as a free action. The cloud provides total concealment, which the creature normally uses to escape a losing fight. All vision within the cloud is obscured. This functions only underwater.
- Amphibous (Ex): Can breathe air and water equally well.
- Bonus feat: Multiattack
- Size Medium, 60' Swim speed, 30' move
- Darkvision 60'
- +8 racial bonus to swim checks and can always take 10 on swim checks. Can use the run action while swimming.
- While underwater, a sahuagin has a +4 racial bonus on hide, listen and spot checks.
- A sahuagin has a +4 racial bonus to survival and profession *hunter) checks within 50 miles of its home.
- A sahuagin has a +4 racial bonus on handle animal checks when working with sharks.
- Proficient with trident, heavy crossbow, natural attacks (talon, bite, tentacle, rake). No armor proficiencies.
- Level adjustment: +2 (ECL 4)
- Sahuagin base (2 HD, +2 LA).
- Amphibious template (Stormwrack).
- Lose Frenzy ability (-1/2 LA).
- Add extra pair of arms as tentacles (+1/2 LA) - see bonus feat "Deepspawn (Lords of Madness)".
- Add "ink cloud" ability from octopus
Including Multi-attack feat:
Unarmed Full Attack: Talon +2/Talon/Bite* +0/Tentacle*/Tentacle*
Underwater Unarmed Full Attack: Talon +2/Talon +2/Bite* +0/Tentacle*/Tentacle*/Rake*/Rake*
Armed Full Attack: Weapon +2/Talon* +0/Bite*/Tentacle*/Tentacle*
Underwater Armed Full Attack: Weapon +2/Talon* +0/Bite*/Tentacle*/Tentacle*/Rake*/Rake*
Attacks with a * only add half the strength bonus to their damage. All natural attacks listed deal 1d4 damage.
If using a two-handed weapon or a shield, remove another talon attack.