From Drinking and Dragons
* long, narrow, snake-like body (constrict - constrictor snake) * quadruped with clawed feet (rend, claw attacks) * legs/feet are broad and strong (sprint, stampede, trample) * enormous, shark-like jaw (improved grab, swallow whole) * very broad, multi-chambered nose (keen scent) * feathered wings (clumbsy, slow fly) * broad, furry tail with big musk glands (musk) ** quills sticking out through fur all over (quills) * barbed claws (rend) * broad, bat-like ears (blindsense) * bloodshot eyes, big porcine tusks (ferocity, rage) * bad breath, mouth filled with dirty teeth (disease) * rhinoceros horn - powerful charge * large snake fangs (poison) * flaps to cover its nose - hold breath * saw-like teeth and tongue (attach) * smooth mid body with some fins (swim speed) ** a couple small tentacles on its underbody (ink cloud, jet) * trip Primordeal Animal Size/Type: Large Animal Hit Dice: 11d8 + CON Initiative: 2 Speed: 40', 20' swim, 15' fly (clumbsy), climb 20' AC: 17 (-1 size, +2 dex, +6 natural) BAB: +8 (-1 size, +6 str) = +13 on attacks Grapple: +18 (+4 size, +6 str) Attacks: 2 Claws +13 (1d4+6) - trip, rend Bite +13 (1d8+6) - grab, poison, swallow, rake, constrict Gore +13 (1d8+6) - powerful charge Tail +13 (1d12+6) - quills Tongue (10'-20') +13 (1d4+3) Space: 10'/10' SA: Improved Grab 2 Rakes +13, 1d4+3 Swallow Whole Poison - DC 19 Fortitude, 1d6 con Rend 2d4+9 Constrict 1d8+6 Trip Powerful Charge 2d8+12 Pounce Quills (special) Musk (standard action) - DC 19 Reflex Trample (standard action) Rage Ferocity SQ: Sprint Blindsense 40' Scent Low-light vision Hold Breath Ink Cloud Jet Saves: +11/+9/+1 Abilities: Str 23 +6 Dex 15 +2 Con 19 +4 Int 2 -4 Wis 12 +1 Cha 10 +0 Skills: (7 ranks in Notice, Stealth) Balance* +10 Climb* +14 Hide* +9 Jump* +14 Listen* +12 Move Silently* +13 Spot* +12 Swim* +14 Feats: 1 Multiattack 3 Improved Multiattack 6 Power Attack 9 Cleave Environ: Wild Tentacles Organiz: Solitary CR: 10 Treasure: None Alignment: Always neutral Advance: 12-14 HD (Large), 15-30 HD (Huge) Level Adj: - A Primordeal Animal has racial bonus to: +8 balance, climb checks, jump checks, swim checks Take 10 yadda yadda... +4 spot, listen, hide, move +4 to survival when tracking by scent Improved Grab - bite trigger Rake - bite trigger Swallow Whole Poison - bite trigger Rend - claw trigger Constrict - bite trigger Trip - claw trigger Powerful Charge - gore trigger Pounce
- Quills (special)
- Quills (Ex): When the dire porcupine strikes with its tail, it dislodges 1d6 quills that automatically break off and lodge in the opponent’s flesh. A lodged quill imposes a -1 circumstance penalty to attacks, saves, and checks. Each 1 minute thereafter, the quill moves deeper into the opponent’s flesh, dealing 1d2 additional points of damage. Removing the quill takes 1 full round and deals 1d4 additional points of damage. If the quill has been embedded for more than 10 rounds, a Strength check at DC 10 is needed to remove the quill. For every minute after that, the DC to remove a lodged quill increases by +1. An unarmed or melee touch attack against a dire porcupine causes 1d4 quills to break off and lodge in the attacker.
- Musk (standard action)
- Musk (Ex): Once per round and no more than three times per day, a dire skunk can emit a line of yellowish sulfuric liquid to a range of 10 feet. A creature in the area must make a successful Reflex save (DC 15) or be blinded and nauseated for 1d4 rounds. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus and a +2 bonus from its Ability Focus feat. A delay poison or neutralize poison spell removes the effects from a nauseated creature. Creatures with immunity to poison are unaffected by the nauseating effects of skunk musk but are still blinded if they fail their save.
- Additionally, the target suffers a -10 circumstance penalty to Hide checks while wearing clothes or armor contaminated with skunk musk. The creature also suffers a -4 circumstance penalty to all Charisma-based skill checks while wearing contaminated clothes or carrying contaminated gear.
- Flesh, leather goods, metal goods (weapons, armor, and the like) must be washed in a concentrated mixture of vinegar over a period of three days in order to fully remove the stench of skunk musk. The prestidigitation spell cannot clean items stained by skunk musk.
- Trample (standard action)
- Sprint (Ex) (land only)
- Once per hour, can move ten times its normal speed (400 feet) when it makes a charge.
- Blindsense 40'
- Low-light vision
- Hold Breath
- Ink Cloud (only underwater)
- Jet (only underwater)