Sequids are tiny animals that look like small, pink, tentacular blobs. A single sequid is little threat unless it is able to possess a host- once it does so, it is able to reproduce quickly and create a sequid swarm.
||Tiny Animal (Swarm)
||+2 size (+2 with a host)
||Swarm (1d6 plus fear)
||Swarm (1d6 plus fear)
- Any creature that takes damage from a swarm attack must pass a DC16 (WIS based,+2 racial) will save or cower in fear from the swarm.
- Posessing a creature
- A sequid swarm is weaker without a mind controlled host. As quickly as possible, the sequids will attempt to overwhelm a suitable target and use it as the nexus for the swarm, gaing extra powers and abilities by doing so.
- Sequids may attempt a possession attack on any living, intelligent creature that does not have the shapeshifter sub-type and is inside the swarm's square. This attack is a free action on the swarm's turn. It may only attack a single creature in this fashion once a turn, but may use this attack multiple times.
- When the swarm attempts to posess a creature, that creature may use a free action to roll a DC16 will save (WIS based, +2 racial bonus). If the target creature cannot take any actions, due to cowering or some other condition, it automatically fails.
- A possessed creature
- Once a creature is possessed, it is completely under the control of the swarm. It loses all class abilities, but retains any racial abilities and skills. In addition, that creature gains a Slam attack (1D6+STR damage) and weapon focus (Slam).
- A creature remains posessed so long as a single sequid is in contact with its body. Even after the swarm is killed, 1D6 sequids will be attached to a host. A DC25 search check is required to find all of them. Once found, they can easily be removed and killed.
- A possesed creature cannot leave the swarm, and must always
- A swarm with hosts
- A swarm with a host automatically gains two HD (good BAB, poor reflex, good will and fort). It also gains a slam attack (+2, 1D6, 10' reach). A swarm may take multiple hosts, but only gains this bonus once.
- The host with the highest HD is always the primary host. The swarm uses that creature's intelligence, and gains any mental skills (INT, WIS, CHA) that the host has.
- Each host is its own creature, and can act and attack separately from the swarm. It retains all skills and may attack on its own initiative.
- For each host possessed, the DC of the swarming attack and of posession gain a +2 circumstance bonus.
- Death of a host
- A sequid swarm takes no penalty for the death of a single host, but if its last host dies, the sequid swarm loses all benefits it received, as well as losing 2HD.
- A sequid swarm with a host may reproduce. Once a minute, a swarm may spawn new children. For each host they control, the space of the swarm increases by 5ft and it gains 1HD (good BAB, poor reflex, good will and fort).
||half damage from slashing and piercing, low-light vision, swarm traits
||Str 2, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 1, Wis 14, Cha 1
||Hide +14, Move Silently +6, Listen +8, spot +9
||+4 hide and move silently
||Alertness, Weapon Finesse
||5 (7 if it starts with a host)