Gwenevere Val'Abebi (F) (ECL 4)
Noblewoman of The Altherian Republic
(Titled as "Ambassador")
Medium Val (val'Abebi)
Patron Deity: Althares; Patron of Sages, Wisemen, and those who seek lost secrets and knowledge.
AC: 16 Touch: 11 Flatfooted: 15 (+1 Dex; +4 Armor, +1 Amulet)
HP: 18 (Bloodied 9) / HD: 4d6
Fort: +2 / Reflex: +2 / Will: +3
Melee: weapon +3 (1dx 20×2)
Ranged: weapon +4 (1dx 20×2 / 10')
Space: 5'; Reach: 5'; BAB: +3; Grapple: +3
- 1—Gentry [Background]
- +3 Ride and Diplomacy
- Starting wealth increased by 300gp
- You may legally possess an Altherian flintlock. If you are a Val, the monks of Althares give you an Altherian flintlock pistol and 20 shots’ worth of blastpowder as part of your starting package
- 3—Extraordinary Artisan ECS
- When determining the gold piece cost in raw materials you need to craft any item, reduce the base price by 25%.
- A4—Legendary Artisan
- When determining your XP cost for creating any magic item, reduce the base cost by 25%.
- Crafting feats
- Scribe Scroll, Brew Potion, Craft Wondrous Items
* Armor Check Penalty: -2
- Obligations of Rank: The Val bloodlines were created by the Gods with the express purpose of having these “super humans” lead humanity into a Golden Age. Val are expected to take on quests because it’s the right thing to do, not for monetary gain. The protection of humanity is a matter of honor and duty, although the assisted party may give a “token” of their appreciation.
- Naturally Psionic: Val gain a number of bonus power points equal to their bloodrank. These bonus PP cannot be accessed (and effectively do not exist for any purpose) until the Val is psionically awakened.
- Rank and Station: When dealing with commoners, Val gain a +2 circumstance bonus to all Diplomacy checks. When dealing with other Val, this bonus (or penalty) is equal to the difference in the Val’s blood rank.
- Bloodline (2): Coursing through the veins of all Val is the blood of Valinor, celestial servants of the Gods. Each family so blessed holds a small portion of that God’s power. This legacy is, in turn, passed down through the generations.
- Wisdom of the Ages (Ex), Rank 1 Power
- Wisdom of the Ages (Ex), Rank 1 Power
Althares’ wisdom lives in His children. All Knowledge skills gain a +2 racial bonus. Furthermore, every time she gains a level, the Val gains 1 extra skill point, which may only be spent on Knowledge skills. If this power is chosen during character creation, then the Val gains a one-time bonus of 4 extra skill points (instead of 1) to spend on Knowledge skills at first level and thereafter gains the +1 skill point described above.
- The Tongues of Man are of All Men (Sp), Rank 1 Power
All knowledge is the province of Althares, and His children shall not be hindered from learning by any language barrier. A val with this ability may become proficient in a language by exposing himself to that language, verbally or written, for one hour. A val may not have more than one language learned in this fashion at a time. If the val is only exposed to the written form of the language, that val is not proficient in speaking that language, and vice versa.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Artificers are proficient with all simple weapons, with light and medium armor, and with shields (except tower shields).
- Craft Reserve: An artificer receives a pool of points he can spend instead of experience points when crafting a magic item. Each time the artificer gains a new level, he receives a new craft reserve; leftover points from the previous level do not carry over. If the points are not spent, they are lost. An artificer can also use his craft reserve to supplement the XP cost of the item he is making, taking a portion of the cost from his craft reserve and a portion from his own XP.
- Artificer Knowledge +8: An artificer can make a special artificer knowledge check with a bonus equal to his artificer level + his Int modifier to detect whether a specific item has a magical aura. The artificer must hold and examine the object for 1 minute. A successful check against DC 15 determines that the object has magical qualities, but does not reveal the specific powers of the item. An artificer cannot take 10 or take 20 on this check. A particular item can only be examined in this fashion one time; if the check fails, the artificer can learn no more about that object.
- Artisan Bonus: An artificer gains a +2 bonus on Use Magic Device checks to activate an item of a kind for which he has the prerequisite item creation feat. For example, an artificer who has the Craft Wand feat gains a +2 bonus on checks to use a spell from a wand.
- Disable Trap: An artificer can use the Search skill to locate traps when the task has a Difficulty Class higher than 20. Finding a nonmagical trap has a DC of at least 20, or higher if it is well hidden. Finding a magic trap has a DC of 25 + the level of the spell used to create the trap. An artificer can use the Disable Device skill to disarm magic traps. Usually the DC is 25 + the level of the spell used to create the trap. An artificer who beats a trap’s DC by 10 or more with a Disable Device check can study a trap.
- Item Creation (Ex): An artificer can create a magic item even if he does not have access to the spells that are prerequisites for the item. The artificer must make a successful Use Magic Device check (DC 20 + caster level) to emulate each spell normally required to create the item.
None so far.