From Drinking and Dragons
- Hard-boiled egg
- A tough egg to crack, Sam's cut from the same cloth as any other noir hero, just in duck form.
- Sample Invoke: Boosting investigation when dramatically appropriate, during a case.
- Sample Compel: Getting involved when he really shouldn't.
- "I ain't backing down!"
- Sam doesn't know when to give up, cut his losses, or just not bother with a fight that's not worth having.
- Sample Invoke: Mustering up his courage
- Sample Compel: Refusing to concede
- Bald-eagle-eyed hunter
- Sam has a sharp eye for detail, and uses that to track down whatever needs tracking down- crooks, ancient relics, etc.
- Sample Invoke: Finding a clue
- Sample Compel: Missing the "big picture"
- No Brakes!
- Guest starring File:Meowicon.gif Dr. Meow
- Sam's the kind of guy that'd jump into a situation without any prep.
- Sample Invoke: Controlling a car without any brakes.
- Sample Compel: Getting *into* a car that doesn't have any brakes.
- I'm on a job
- Sam is good at his job, but that doesn't mean he's good. It's a job, and a job means getting paid. If he isn't getting paid, it isn't a job, and he might not do it. Think Fistfull of Dollars.
- Sample Invoke: Turning what he'd do anyway into a profit
- Sample Compel: Constrained against doing the "ethical" thing in favor of "the job"
- Background story
- Background story text
- Guest story
- Guest story text