From Drinking and Dragons
Armor Check Penalty: -5
- Acrobatics 1 Ranks 5 DEX 1 ACP -5
- Acrobatics (jump) 6 Ranks 5 DEX 1 ACP -5 Competence 5
- Appraise 4 Ranks 0 INT 1 Class 3
- Bluff 1 Ranks 0 CHA 1
- Climb 12 Ranks 3 STR 1 ACP -5 Racial 8 Competence 5
- Craft (base) 4 Ranks 0 INT 1 Class 3
- Diplomacy 4 Ranks 0 CHA 1 Class 3
- Disguise 1 Ranks 0 CHA 1
- Escape Artist -4 Ranks 0 DEX 1 ACP -5
- Fly -4 Ranks 0 DEX 1 ACP -5
- Heal 16 Ranks 3 WIS 10 Class 3
- Intimidate 1 Ranks 0 CHA 1
- Knowledge (history) 9 Ranks 5 INT 1 Class 3
- Knowledge (history) Dwarf/Foes 11 Ranks 5 INT 1 Class 3 Racial 2
- Knowledge (planes) 8 Ranks 4 INT 1 Class 3
- Knowledge (religion) 10 Ranks 6 INT 1 Class 3
- Perception 22 Ranks 12 WIS 10
- Perception (stonecunning) 24 Ranks 12 WIS 10 Racial 2
- Perform (base) 1 Ranks 0 CHA 1
- Profession (siege) 16 Ranks 3 WIS 10 Class 3
- Ride 1 Ranks 5 DEX 1 ACP -5
- Sense Motive 11 Ranks 3 WIS 10 Class 3 ACP -5
- Spellcraft 21 Ranks 17 INT 1 Class 3
- Stealth -8 Ranks 0 DEX 1 ACP -5 Size -4
- Survival 10 Ranks 0 WIS 10
- Swim 1 Ranks 0 STR 1 ACP -5 Competence 5
Hilma, the Seventeenth level Lawful Good Lesser Drider Cleric of Torag
- Str 13 (1) • Dex 12 (1) • Con 14 (2) • Int 12 (1) • Wis 30 (10) • Cha 12 (1)
- Str 11 Enchantment 2 • Dex 11 Level 1 • Con 12 Race 2 • Int 11 Level 1 • Wis 17 Race 2 Level 2 Enhancement 6 Inherent 3 • Cha 14 Race -2
- Initiative: 1 DEX 1 • Speed: 40 • Size: Large (-1)
- Climb 20
- Also: Boots of the Winterlands available
- Fly 30 (Broom)
- Languages: Common, Dwarven, Giant • Senses: Normal, Darkvision 60'
- Hit Points: 166 • Hit Dice: 17 17d8 + 17 + 17
- AC: 26 Base 10 Armor 10 Shield 4 DEX 1 Size -1 Natural 0 Deflection 2 Dodge 0 Insight 0 • Touch: 12 Base 10 DEX 1 Size -1 Deflection 2 Dodge 0 Insight 0 • Flat-Footed: 25 Base 10 Armor 10 Shield 4 Size -1 Natural 0 Deflection 2 Insight 0
- +4 dodge bonus to AC against giant subtype
- CMD: 25 Base 10 BAB 12 STR 1 DEX 1 Size 1
- Quadruped Racial: +4 vs trip.
- Fortitude: 12 • Reflex: 6 • Will: 20
- Fortitude 10 CON 2 Resistance 0 • Reflex 5 DEX 1 Resistance 0 • Will 10 WIS 10 Resistance 0
- Untyped 4 vs visual effects (gaze, sight-based illusion, etc)
- Resistance 2 vs poison, disease
- Racial +2 vs poison, spells, spell-likes
- Ioun Stone could be turned on to absorb spells
- DR: none • SR: none
- BAB: 12 Clr 12
- CMB: 14 BAB 12 STR 1 Size 1
- Melee: 13 BAB 12 STR 1 • Ranged: 13 BAB 12 DEX 1
- +1 racial attack (not damage) vs orc, goblinoid
- Caster Level: 17 • Save Modifier: 10 WIS 10
- Concentration: 31 CL 17 Feat 4 (only casting defensively/grappled!) WIS 10
- Range Close 65 • Medium 270 • Far 1080
- +1 Caster Level to Cure spells.
- +2 to overcome SR.
Options and Powers
- Attack Options
- Melee Unarmed 13/8/3 (1d3+1 nonlethal/×2) BAB 12 STR 1
- Melee Warhammer 15/10/5 (1d8+2+1/×2) BAB 12 STR 1 Magic 2
- Magic Spiritual Weapon 22/17/12 (1d8+5/×2) BAB 12 WIS 10
- Other Options
- !Basic actions
- move, attack, use a consumable, aid another, use a maneuver, etc.
- Everyone can do these.
- Athletic Exploit
- Halve armor check penalty (net +-3). Gain extra +1. Total bonus what's listed: -2. Applies to Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, Swim.
- Action: swift • Uses: 13/day
- Aura of Menace
- 30' aura: to foes, -2 penalty to AC, attacks, saves.
- Action: standard to start, free to drop • Uses: 17 rounds per day
- Battle Rage
- Touch. Bonus on melee damage equal to 1 for 1 round.
- Action: standard • Uses: 13
- Cast a spell. Spontaneously cast a Cure spell, or a Torag spell.
- Don't forget to cast defensively if threatened, okay? Concentration is in spells block. DC is 15 + 2 * spell level.
- Action: varies • Uses: see spells block
- Channel Energy
- 30' radius healing or harming (DC 20) for 11d6. (Includes Periapt's 2). ALSO Protective Channel (Protection from Evil for minutes.
- Action: standard • Uses: 6
- Channeld Revival
- Breath of Life, 30' range
- Action: full-round, provokes • Uses: 3 channels
- Clarifying Channel
- When channenling to heal living, healed reroll vs charms or compulsions with +1 bonus.
- Uses: 1/day
- Disrupt Undead
- 30' ray for 1d6 damage
- Action: standard
- Horn of Goodness
- Magic Circle vs Evil (CL6, 1 hour)
- Action: standard • Uses: 1/day
- Medusa Mask
- 30' range DC 15 fortitude or Flesh to Stone for 1 minute
- Action: standard • Uses: 1/day
- Teaching Moment
- 30' bonus after a natural 1 or 20 by you or ally. Reroll applies to attack, ability, skill, save. Lasts 1 minute each ally.
- Action: immediate • Uses: 3/day
- Touch of Good
- +1 sacred bonus to attack, skill, ability, save rolls for 1 round.
- Action: standard • Uses: 13/day
- Weapon Master
- Gain any Combat feat for which you meet the requirements.
- Action: swift • Uses: 17rounds/day
- Web as SLA. DC: 20
- Action: standard • Uses: 1/day
- Channeled Revival
- You can expend a large portion of your channeling power to reverse death itself.
- Prerequisite: Channel energy 6d6 (positive energy).
- Benefit: As a full-round action that provokes attacks of opportunity, you can expend three uses of your channel energy class feature to restore a dead creature to life as if you had cast the breath of life spell.
- Source: 13th level
- Clarifying Channel
- Your channeled energy heals the body and opens the mind to the possibility of true love.
- Prerequisite(s): Channel energy class feature, worshiper of a good deity.
- Benefit(s): Once per day when you channel positive energy to heal living creatures, if any of the creatures you healed are currently affected by one or more charms or compulsions that allowed a saving throw, you grant each of those creatures an immediate save to prematurely end one of those effects. Creatures healed gain a sacred bonus on this save equal to your Charisma bonus (minimum +1).
- Source: 11th level
- Combat Casting
- You are adept at spellcasting when threatened or distracted.
- Benefit: You get a +4 bonus on concentration checks made to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability when casting on the defensive or while grappled.
- Source: 1st level
- Craft Wand (Item Creation)
- You can create magic wands.
- Prerequisite: Caster level 5th.
- Benefit: You can create a wand of any 4th-level or lower spell that you know. Crafting a wand takes 1 day for each 1,000 gp in its base price. To craft a wand, you must use up raw materials costing half of this base price. A newly created wand has 50 charges. See the magic item creation rules in Magic Items for more information.
- Source: 5th level
- Craft Wondrous Item (Item Creation)
- You can create wondrous items, a type of magic item.
- Prerequisite: Caster level 3rd.
- Benefit: You can create a wide variety of magic wondrous items. Crafting a wondrous item takes 1 day for each 1,000 gp in its price. To create a wondrous item, you must use up raw materials costing half of its base price. See the magic item creation rules in Magic Items for more information.
- You can also mend a broken wondrous item if it is one that you could make. Doing so costs half the raw materials and half the time it would take to craft that item.
- Source: 7th level
- Extra Channel
- You can channel divine energy more often.
- Prerequisite: Channel energy class feature.
- Benefit: You can channel energy two additional times per day.
- Special: If a paladin with the ability to channel positive energy takes this feat, she can use lay on hands four additional times a day, but only to channel positive energy.
- Source: 3rd level
- Forge Ring (Item Creation)
- You can create magic rings.
- Prerequisite: Caster level 7th.
- Benefit: You can create magic rings. Crafting a ring takes 1 day for each 1,000 gp in its base price. To craft a ring, you must use up raw materials costing half of the base price. See the magic item creation rules in Magic Items for more information.
- You can also mend a broken ring if it is one that you could make. Doing so costs half the raw materials and half the time it would take to forge that ring in the first place.
- Source: 9th level
- Protective Channel
- When you channel energy, your god grants protection against dark forces.
- Prerequisite(s): Channel energy 7d6, worshiper of a good deity
- Benefit(s): When you channel positive energy to heal living creatures, you can choose to affect healed creatures with a protection from evil spell (caster level equal to your effective cleric level).
- Source: 15th level
- Spell Penetration
- Your spells break through spell resistance more easily than most.
- Benefit: You get a +2 bonus on caster level checks (1d20 + caster level) made to overcome a creature's spell resistance.
- Source: Chapter 3 recap
- You have enhanced physical stamina.
- Benefit: You gain +3 hit points. For every Hit Die you possess beyond 3, you gain an additional +1 hit point. If you have more than 3 Hit Dice, you gain +1 hit points whenever you gain a Hit Die (such as when you gain a level).
- Source: 17th level
- Student of Faith
- While you have personally dedicated your life to a single deity, you study all religions and mortal faiths. Upon hearing that the town of Sandpoint recently completed a cathedral dedicated to the six deities most popular in the area, you had to see the place for yourself, and have arrived in time for the consecration of this holy edif ice.
- Benefit: Because of your strong faith and broad range of study, you cast all cure spells at +1 caster level, and whenever you channel energy, you gain a +1 trait bonus to the save DC of your channeled energy.
- Source: Rise of the Runelords
- Two-World Magic
- Benefit: Select one 0-level spell from a class spell list other than your own. This spell is a 0-level spell on your class spell list (or a 1st-level spell if your class doesn't have 0-level spells). For example, if you are a druid, you could select mage hand and thereafter prepare it as a 0-level druid spell; if you are a sorcerer, you could select know direction as a 0-level sorcerer spell known.
- Source: Sargava the Lost Colony
- Choice: Disrupt Undead
- +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma
- Dwarves are both tough and wise, but also a bit gruff.
- 2 RP Prerequisites: None; Benefit: Members of this race have a climb speed of 20 feet, and gain the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks that a climb speed normally grants.
- Source: Reincarnate
- Dwarves can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Defensive Training
- Dwarves gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
- Replaced by Lorekeeper.
- Dwarves gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Dwarves gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes.
- Dwarves begin play speaking Common and Dwarven. Dwarves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran, and Undercommon.
- Dwarves keep extensive records about their history and the world around them. Dwarves with this racial trait receive a +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (history) checks that pertain to dwarves or their enemies. They can make such skill checks untrained. This racial trait replaces greed.
- Source: ARG
- Dwarves are Medium creatures and receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- 2 RP Prerequisites: Any type except humanoid, Large size, normal speed; Benefit: Members of this race possess four legs and two arms, granting them a +4 racial bonus to CMD against trip attempts and a +10 foot bonus to their base speed. In addition, members of this race use weapons and armor as if they were Medium (instead of Large). Special: The number of legs can be increased by 2 for each additional 1 RP spent. Each such increase grants an additional +4 racial bonus to CMD against trip attempts, but no other bonus.
- Source: Reincarnate
- Slow and Steady
- Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
- Reincarnated. Replaced by Quadruped.
- Dwarves gain a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
- Weapon Familiarity
- Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word "dwarven" in its name as a martial weapon.
- 2 RP Web as a spell-like ability 1/day. DC 10 + 1/2 HD + Con modifier.
- Source: Reincarnate
- Aura (Ex)
- A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to the deity's alignment (see the detect evil spell for details).
- Bonus Languages
- A cleric's bonus language options include Celestial, Abyssal, and Infernal (the languages of good, chaotic evil, and lawful evil outsiders, respectively). These choices are in addition to the bonus languages available to the character because of her race.
- Channel Energy (Su)
- Regardless of alignment, any cleric can release a wave of energy by channeling the power of her faith through her holy (or unholy) symbol. This energy can be used to cause or heal damage, depending on the type of energy channeled and the creatures targeted.
- A good cleric (or one who worships a good deity) channels positive energy and can choose to deal damage to undead creatures or to heal living creatures. An evil cleric (or one who worships an evil deity) channels negative energy and can choose to deal damage to living creatures or to heal undead creatures. A neutral cleric who worships a neutral deity (or one who is not devoted to a particular deity) must choose whether she channels positive or negative energy. Once this choice is made, it cannot be reversed. This decision also determines whether the cleric casts spontaneous cure or inflict spells (see spontaneous casting).
- Channeling energy causes a burst that affects all creatures of one type (either undead or living) in a 30-foot radius centered on the cleric. The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage for every two cleric levels beyond 1st (2d6 at 3rd, 3d6 at 5th, and so on). Creatures that take damage from channeled energy receive a Will save to halve the damage. The DC of this save is equal to 10 + 1/2 the cleric's level + the cleric's Charisma modifier. Creatures healed by channeled energy cannot exceed their maximum hit point total—all excess healing is lost. A cleric may channel energy a number of times per day equal to 3 + her Charisma modifier. This is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity. A cleric can choose whether or not to include herself in this effect. A cleric must be able to present her holy symbol to use this ability.
- Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells
- A cleric can't cast spells of an alignment opposed to her own or her deity's (if she has one). Spells associated with particular alignments are indicated by the chaotic, evil, good, and lawful descriptors in their spell descriptions.
- Class Skills
- The cleric's class skills are Appraise (Int), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), and Spellcraft (Int).
- Skill Ranks per Level: 2 + Int modifier.
- Domain - Adventuring
- Athletic Exploit (Su): As a swift action, you gain the ability to overcome physical obstacles with ease. Until the beginning of your next turn, you halve your armor check penalty when attempting Acrobatics, Climb, Escape Artist, and Swim skill checks, and you gain a bonus equal to 1/2 your cleric level (minimum +1) on such skill checks. [from Competition subdomain, Heroes of the Street] Implied: You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
- Teaching Moment (Su): At 8th level, when you or an ally within 30 feet rolls a natural 1 or a natural 20 on an attack roll, an ability check, a skill check, or a saving throw, as an immediate action you can grant all allies within 30 feet special insights that help them overcome similar challenges. Once during the next minute, each affected creature can choose to roll twice and take the better result before attempting an attack roll, ability check, skill check, or saving throw. You can use this ability once per day at 8th level, and one additional time per day for every 4 cleric levels beyond 8th. [from Education subdomain, Heroes of the Street]
- Domain Spells: 1st — Borrow Skill (APG), 2nd — Shield Other, 3rd — Water Walk, 4th — Invisibility Sphere, 5th — Telepathic Bond, 6th — Passwall, 7th — Regenerate, 8th — Discern Location, 9th — Heal, Mass
- Domain - Good
- Granted Powers: You have pledged your life and soul to goodness and purity.
- Touch of Good (Sp): You can touch a creature as a standard action, granting a sacred bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws equal to half your cleric level (minimum 1) for 1 round. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Holy Lance (Su): Replaced by Archon subdomain.
- Domain Spells:
1st, 2nd—align weapon (good only), 3rd, 4th—holy smite, 5th—dispel evil, 6th, 7th—holy word, 8th—holy aura, 9th—summon monster IX (good spell only).
- Domain - War
- Granted Powers: You are a crusader for your god, always ready and willing to fight to defend your faith.
- Battle Rage (Sp): You can touch a creature as a standard action to give it a bonus on melee damage rolls equal to 1/2 your cleric level for 1 round (minimum +1). You can do so a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
- Weapon Master (Su): At 8th level, as a swift action, you gain the use of one combat feat for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive and you can change the feat chosen each time you use this ability. You must meet the prerequisites to use this feat.
- Domain Spells: 1st—magic weapon, 2nd—spiritual weapon, 3rd—magic vestment, 4th—divine power, 5th—flame strike, 6th—blade barrier, 7th—power word blind, 8th—power word stun, 9th—power word kill.
- Domain, Minor - Torag, the Strategist
- Granted Powers: Add the following spells to your spells you can prepare from (though you gain no 0-level domain spell slot). Once per day you may spontaneously convert a prepared spell of the appropriate level to one of these.
- Domain Spells: 0th—Thuderclap, 1st—Hobble Mount, 2nd—Grudge Match
- Domain, Sub - Archon
- Associated Domains: Good, Law.
- Replacement Power: The following granted power replaces the holy lance power of the Good domain or the staff of order power of the Law domain. Archons are a race of lawful good outsiders.
- Aura of Menace (Su): At 8th level, you can emit a 30-foot aura of menace as a standard action. Enemies in this aura take a –2 penalty to AC and on attacks and saves as long as they remain inside the aura. You can use this ability for a number of rounds per day equal to your cleric level. These rounds do not need to be consecutive.
- Replacement Domain Spells: 1st—divine favor, 3rd—prayer, 6th—planar ally (archon only).
- A cleric's deity influences her alignment, what magic she can perform, her values, and how others see her. A cleric chooses two domains from among those belonging to her deity. A cleric can select an alignment domain (Chaos, Evil, Good, or Law) only if her alignment matches that domain. If a cleric is not devoted to a particular deity, she still selects two domains to represent her spiritual inclinations and abilities (subject to GM approval). The restriction on alignment domains still applies.
- Each domain grants a number of domain powers, dependent upon the level of the cleric, as well as a number of bonus spells. A cleric gains one domain spell slot for each level of cleric spell she can cast, from 1st on up. Each day, a cleric can prepare one of the spells from her two domains in that slot. If a domain spell is not on the cleric spell list, a cleric can prepare it only in her domain spell slot. Domain spells cannot be used to cast spells spontaneously.
- In addition, a cleric gains the listed powers from both of her domains, if she is of a high enough level. Unless otherwise noted, using a domain power is a standard action. Cleric domains are listed at the end of this class entry.
- Clerics can prepare a number of orisons, or 0-level spells, each day, as noted on Table: Cleric under “Spells per Day.” These spells are cast like any other spell, but they are not expended when cast and may be used again.
- A cleric casts divine spells which are drawn from the cleric spell list presented in Spell Lists. Her alignment, however, may restrict her from casting certain spells opposed to her moral or ethical beliefs; see chaotic, evil, good, and lawful spells. A cleric must choose and prepare her spells in advance.
- To prepare or cast a spell, a cleric must have a Wisdom score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a cleric's spell is 10 + the spell level + the cleric's Wisdom modifier.
- Like other spellcasters, a cleric can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. Her base daily spell allotment is given on Table: Cleric. In addition, she receives bonus spells per day if she has a high Wisdom score (see Table: Ability Modifiers and Bonus Spells).
- Clerics meditate or pray for their spells. Each cleric must choose a time when she must spend 1 hour each day in quiet contemplation or supplication to regain her daily allotment of spells. A cleric may prepare and cast any spell on the cleric spell list, provided that she can cast spells of that level, but she must choose which spells to prepare during her daily meditation.
- Spontaneous Casting
- A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that she did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not an orison or domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).
- An evil cleric (or a neutral cleric who worships an evil deity) can't convert prepared spells to cure spells but can convert them to inflict spells (an inflict spell is one with “inflict” in its name).
- A cleric who is neither good nor evil and whose deity is neither good nor evil can convert spells to either cure spells or inflict spells (player's choice). Once the player makes this choice, it cannot be reversed. This choice also determines whether the cleric channels positive or negative energy (see Channel Energy).
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency
- Clerics are proficient with all simple weapons, light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields). Clerics are also proficient with the favored weapon of their deity.
- Favored Class:
- Age (Category):