I only get 2 1st level spells (and only two uses/day). I wanted to stick to good upfront combat ones. Looking at the Duskblade Spell List, does anyone think there may be better options? --t3knomanser 16:07, 4 April 2009 (UTC)
- You need more direct dmg spells. Ray of enfeeblement and burning hands are your best dd. Duskblade is not a self buffing class per se but resist energy, jump, and true strike are good to have. Best bet on buffs is to ask Bo or buy spells for Nathaniels scriptorum.--Arz 14:26, 28 October 2009 (UTC)
- I would discourage (but allowe) you from selecting Beastland Ferocity. It's a good way to die. It doesn't prevent you from dying in any way. It just lets you act while negative. You still die at -10. --Mqs 14:36, 28 October 2009 (UTC)
- Good points all, but for direct damage, I'm better off focusing on touch spells, so they can be combined with attacks (and eventually, can be used as part of a full attack action). Thoughts on Corrosive Grasp (Shocking Grasp with acid damage instead). --t3knomanser 15:55, 28 October 2009 (UTC)
Since the spixie struck me as way too bland, I wanted to come up with something more exciting, and questionable. So here's my proposal: Grey Ooze/Lantern Archon Intelligent, but not only so much as your average mouth-breather.
The Lantern Archon is totally broken (compared to the campaign), so I propose these fixes:
- drop Tongues entirely
- drop Teleportation entirely
- give it a charisma bump to make Menacing Aura more useful
- change fly speed to something more appropriate for an ooze
The result would be a creature that presents as a bright area (the light from the Archon and the transparency of the ooze), which means in bright lighting conditions it should get a bonus to hiding, but in dim lighting, it should be easily spotted.
I haven't written a coherent storyline yet, but presumably, such a creature would be drawn to our party thanks to our recent planar jaunts. Other modifications as Daryl sees fit, but I just wanted to make a proposal that wouldn't instantly get "yeah, that's not gonna work". --t3knomanser 04:30, 3 November 2009 (UTC)
You will gain a DP this, as that is based on ECL. You will also gain the extra two arms from Sahuagin. You'll also get Octopus' Jet ability, but it's every 1d4 rounds instead of every round (similar to a breath weapon recharge; roll a 1, you can use it next round). Note that Running underwater at x4 is more than the Jet, but the Jet does not provoke AoO.
If you ever choose to spend one final +1 LA at a level up for your race, you'd gain Blood Frenzy from Sahuagin, Improved Grap for your tentacle attacks, full Jet ability and something(s) else I have not yet decided on. I'd try to have it make up for the lack of a HD. --Mqs 20:02, 6 January 2010 (UTC)
Gold from Slush Fund
Fuelwen has 10,661gp that is currently unclaimed in the slush fund. Consider this note his claiming it as I'm going to move the old session rewards into the comments. Don't spend it all in one place. :-) --Randy (Talk) 04:21, 27 January 2011 (UTC)
- Is that with or without the last session? I was just about to update my character sheet with last session's rewards. --t3knomanser 16:47, 29 January 2011 (UTC)