Starring: Nathaniel, Brilla, Bo, Fuelwen, Rake
Guest Starring: Ethyl, Deenar, crew
Challenge: Wild:Custom/Metroid, Chaos Beast
Location: Opean seas between Great Library and Gnala
Date Played: 17 September 2009
Arming and Equipping
Brilla: We realized that our armory was greatly under-equipped and decided to supply it at our next stop. To fit the needs of the crew, we decided to purchase the following;
- 10 bastard swords
- 10 clubs
- 10 light crossbows
- 10 suits of leather armor
(Let me know if I'm missing anything guys. I won't update the slush with purchases until I'm sure everything is certain.).
Fuelwen: As quartermaster, I have logged all of these, and keep regular inventories. The punishment for theft is death or marooning, and I have expressed this to the crew.
Flying Jellyfish AKA Attack of the Fanboy
Brilla: Our travels were not uneventful (are they ever). In the distance Bo noticed that there were some sparks and glints. Once the ship got a bit closer we saw that they were some sort of flying jellyfish. We were headed straight into a cloud of them so I made the crew take evasive action as I manned the helm. We cut the ship hard, but I could not risk breaking the rudder. We encountered a few of them but they fell easily due to our coordinated attacks. There was a gargantuan one in the water, but luckily it left us alone.
Nathaniel: The flying jellyfish were potentially lethal but fortunately they popped like balloons as my creation slashed it's sword at them. Soon I will have to find my creation a name. Once defeated, the crew quickly began to discard the bodies of the metriods into the sea. I was able to grab one quickly and upon examination determined their worth as animations to be null, discarding the slimy body into the sea with the rest.
Brilla: Rake was reaching his one year birthday and we decided to make him a cake. We didn't have a lot of ingredients at hand, so we made him a rice cake. Oddly enough, though, the night before his birthday the crew had a dream where Igoriana was impaled by a figure on horseback. It was confirmed in our minds that she died for real as Bo's gift from her began to shift and start the process of decomposition.
Fuelwen: Birthday, birthday. The others created gifts or cakes for Rake, and sang stupid songs. It was foolish, at best.
Nathaniel: I did all in my power to ensure that Rake's nameday was all that it could be, despite growling from the others. Seems that Rake needed to select a new name, an adult name. His selection was Mission.
Brilla: Rake went on some sort of vision/dream quest in which he had to rename himself. Eventually he settled on the name Mission. Nathaniel and I were partial to the idea of Station.
Part of this quest was evidently the slaughtering of one of the crew. I can not say I was please by this. We decided to put him into confinement until a suitable punishment could be found for him. I suggest castration.
We were also attacked by a chaos beast during the night. Somehow this is linked to what Mission did, but he informed us it would have been much worse if he hadn't. I'd hate to think how...
Fuelwen: Rake, renamed Mission, slaughtered a crewman, to no purpose. Furious, I threw him overboard. Unacceptable. He kept pace with the ship for some time, and clung to a rope for a bit longer. We left him out there until he was exhausted with the effort.
He warned us that another "test" would be coming, and that only he could kill it. The second test was a chaos beast, and we killed it. I gave Mission a trophy from it, and mocked him in his cell. The next day, he would get his punishment.
((OOC: Something I wouldn't have suggested if Bill were going to remain with the group, but makes sense as a punishment is also marooning. Just another possible punishment, in part because I think Daryl should use Rake as a bad guy in the future))
Nathaniel: Rake slaughtered an innocent crewman. This bothered me—not because I was concerned about that person's life—but because the rest of the crew would grow nervous and abandon us or revolt. Fuelwen set about torturing Rake for a while, then we dragged him on board and locked him away. We discussed options for punishment—declawing, castration, and death. Late in the night, Fuelwen suggested marooning, which I would also find acceptable. I wish Rake all the best, whatever choice he makes.
OOC: I had suggested to Daryl that "death" be being thrown overboard, so that Rake could possibly return, either as a PC or a villain.
- Acquires the following cleric-like and paladin-like ability: "Aura (Ex) A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to the deity’s alignment (see the detect evil spell for details). Clerics who don’t worship a specific deity but choose the Chaos, Evil, Good, or Law domain have a similarly powerful aura of the corresponding alignment." His aura is CE.
- Great Captain feat
- If you are in command of a vessel, you can use the aid another action to assist all other persons on board who are performing the same action in the current round—for example, making an attack, making Profession (siege engineer) checks, making Profession (sailor) checks, and so forth. Commanding the vessel in combat is a move action for you. [Stormwrack 92]
- Curse of the Sea Witch 1/day
- Curse of the Sea Witch (Sp): The ocean is a vengeful, mercurial entity, and you’re capable of awakening its dark side. Your curse functions like bestow curse, except that the target can remove it automatically by spending an hour more than a mile from the nearest large body of water. [Stormwrack 68]
- Limitation: You cannot use the three generic curses with this -- only the "other" (custom) curses.
- Sahuagin Flip feat
- After making a single melee attack, you can use the withdraw action (moving up to twice your swim speed) as a move action. You can only use this feat while swimming. [Stormwrack 93]
- Fill in the wiki!