Theme for the Gameday
This gameday will use the roll everything variant from the DMG, where spell saves, armor class, etc have the base ten replaced with a d20 roll. The setting will be an arctic environment and the party will consist of only elves.
- Date: 21 Dec
- Time: 10:30 am until 7 p.m. Dinner after.
- Location: Randy's apartment in Bellevue (Map)
Character Level: 10
Abilities: 32 point buy
Alignment: Any Good or Neutral
- All base classes from WotC books
- Class variants may be permitted with DM review.
- Any cold-themed Prestige Class (including all prestige classes from Frostburn)
- Any holiday-themed builds
At creation assign your starting character the maximum hit points possible for the first level of the chosen class. For each additional character level, use the following: d4=3, d6=4, d8=5, d10=7, and d12=8.
Races: Elves only
- High Elf (SRD, "Standard")
Elf Traits (Ex) Elves possess the following racial traits. * +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution. * Medium size. * An elf’s base land speed is 30 feet. * Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects. (Not reflected in the saving throw modifiers given here.) * Low-light vision. * Weapon Proficiency: Elves are automatically proficient with the longsword, rapier, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow. * +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it. * Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan. * Favored Class: Wizard.
- Aquatic Elf (SRD)
Aquatic Elf Traits (Ex) These traits are in addition to the high elf traits, except where noted. * +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence. These adjustments replace the high elf’s ability score adjustments. * An aquatic elf has the aquatic subtype. * An aquatic elf has a swim speed of 40 feet. * Gills: Aquatic elves can survive out of the water for 1 hour per point of Constitution (after that, refer to the suffocation rules). * Superior Low-Light Vision: Aquatic elves can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of low illumination. This trait replaces the high elf’s low-light vision. * Favored Class: Fighter. This trait replaces the high elf’s favored class.
- Drow (SRD)
Drow Traits (Ex) These traits are in addition to the high elf traits, except where noted. * +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma. * Darkvision out to 120 feet. This trait replaces the high elf’s low-light vision. * Spell resistance equal to 11 + class levels. * +2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities. * Spell-Like Abilities: Drow can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire. Caster level equals the drow’s class levels. * Weapon Proficiency: A drow is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword. This trait replaces the high elf’s weapon proficiency. * Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, Goblin. This trait replaces the high elf’s automatic and bonus languages. * Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area. * Favored Class: Wizard (male) or cleric (female). This trait replaces the high elf’s favored class. * Level adjustment +2.
- Grey Elf (SRD)
Gray Elf Traits (Ex) These traits are in addition to the high elf traits. * +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength.
- Wild Elf (SRD)
Wild Elf Traits (Ex) These traits are in addition to the high elf traits, except where noted. * +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence. These adjustments replace the high elf’s ability score adjustments. * Favored Class: Sorcerer. This trait replaces the high elf’s favored class.
- Wood Elf (SRD)
Wood Elf Traits (Ex) These traits are in addition to the high elf traits, except where noted. * +2 Strength, -2 Intelligence. * Favored Class: Ranger. This trait replaces the high elf’s favored class.
- Aquatic (UA)
Racial Traits Aquatic elves have the general aquatic racial traits described above, elf racial traits, and aquatic elf traits, with the following exception. * No gills. All aquatic races have the following racial traits. * Aquatic: An aquatic race gains the aquatic subtype. An aquatic creature can breathe underwater. It cannot also breathe air unless it also has the amphibious special quality. An aquatic creature can hold its breath outside the water for 2 rounds per point of Constitution. After that, it begins to suffocate. * Swim speed: An aquatic creature always has a swim speed. It can move through water at its swim speed without making Swim checks. It has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line. * Bonus Language: Aquan. Aquatic races are familiar with the language of water-based creatures.
- Arctic (UA)
Racial Traits Arctic elves have the general arctic racial trait described above and all elf racial traits, with additions and exceptions as noted below. * -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity: Arctic elves look down on physical exertion, preferring quick action when necessary. * +2 racial bonus on any one Craft skill (chosen by the character at the time of creation). * +2 racial bonus on Survival checks made in arctic environments: Arctic elves are naturally adept at staying alive in the harsh conditions of their homeland. * No racial bonus on Search checks. * No special ability to notice a secret or concealed door within 5 feet without actively looking for it. All arctic races have the following racial trait. * Cold Endurance: Members of arctic races have a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of cold weather or exposure.
- Desert Elves (UA)
Racial Traits Desert elves have the general desert racial trait described above and all elf racial traits, with additions and exceptions as noted below. * -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity: Desert elves are physically weaker than their normal cousins, but are also hardier, toughened by the harsh reality of desert life. * Weapon Proficiency: Desert elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the scimitar, rapier, and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats. Desert elves prefer the scimitar to the longsword and the shortbow to the longbow, because they can use shortbows while mounted. * +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal and Ride checks: Desert elves spend most of their lives riding and working with animals. * No racial bonus on Listen checks. All desert races gain the following racial trait. * Heat Endurance: Members of desert races gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of hot weather.
- Jungle (UA)
Racial Traits Jungle elves have all elf racial traits, with additions and exceptions as noted below. * Weapon Proficiency: Jungle elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the handaxe, rapier, shortsword, and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats. Proficiency with a rapier is a vestige of past glories and an honored tradition among jungle elves. The other weapons are useful tools for survival in their environment. * +2 racial bonus on Knowledge (history) checks: Jungle elves pride themselves on being the keepers of much lore that has been forgotten to others. * No ability to notice secret or concealed doors by passing within 5 feet.
- Fire (UA)
Racial Traits Fire elves have the general traits of fire races described above and all elf racial traits, with additions and exceptions as noted below. * +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Fire elves are quick of action and thought, but share the standard race's frailty. All members of fire races have the following traits. * +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against creatures of the water subtype, including extraplanar creatures from the Elemental Plane of Water. * -2 penalty on all saving throws against spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities with the water or cold subtype or used by creatures of the water or cold subtype, including extraplanar creatures from the Elemental Plane of Water. * Resistance to fire 5.
- Snow Elf (Frostburn)
Snow elves are in most regards similar to those detailed in the Player’s Handbook, but with the following notable changes: * +2 Dexterity, –2 Charisma: Snow elves remain as graceful and fluid in their motions as their warmer-dwelling kin. Although they are generally much hardier than other elves, their icy environs have made their emotions sharp and their attitude even more elitist and haughty than normal.
- Avariel (Races of Faerun)
Avariel elves have all elf racial traits, with additions and exceptions as noted below. * +4 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom * Keen Sight (Ex): Avariels gain a +4 racial bonus on all Spot checks; this replaces the standard +2 racial bonus that most elves gain. * Avariels gain a +4 racial bonus to Jump checks * Proficient with rapier or longsword; lasso; and bolas. This replaces standard elven proficiencies * Flight (Ex): Flying speed of 50' (average), as long as they do not carry more than a Medium load, are not wearing Heavy armor, and are not fatigued or exhausted. Avariel wings have a span of 12' and they cannot fly in an area that does not allow them to fully extend their wings. * Avariel may make a dive attack. It functions just like a charge, but the avariel must descend a minimum of 30' and attack with a piercing weapon; if the attack hits it does double damage. * Avariel can use the run action while flying, provided it is in a straight line * Automatic Languages: Common, Elven * Favored Class: Cleric * Level Adjustment: +3
- No campaign specific elven races (Forgotten Realms, Eberron, etc.) with the exception of the Avariel elf
- Holiday-themed races (Anthropomorphic reindeer anyone?)
List of Feats Permitted. Leadership is not permitted.
- Spells from the Players Handbook, Spell Compendium, and Frostburn are permitted.
- Psionic Powers from Expanded Psionics Handbook are permitted.
- To tone down lethality, spells of the "save or die" variety will not be used at all. This would also include spells such as Charm Person, Suggestion, and etc.
- The polymorph spells (Polymorph, Alter Self, etc.) will require that you use only monsters (no templates) from the Monster Manual and your forms must be approved in advance.
Equipment (Mundane and Magic Items)
- 29,400 gp to spend on equipment from the Players Handbook, Dungeon Masters Guide, and Frostburn.
- An additional 9,800 gp can be spent on consumables only. Consumables cost four times the normal price.
- Consumables are typically single use items, such as but not limited to, potions, scrolls, oils, wands, etc.
- Eric: Misfit Toy A warforged scout. Santie Claws Since we are missing a tank/melee, I will most likely be playing this.
- Michael: Xmas Tree
- JR: Krample K. Kosmos
- Frank: Coal, drow ninja firestarter
- Carrie: Caroler
- Pat: Bumble
- Extra PC made just for fun: Baby Jesus
- Have an idea? Suggest one!
- Epitaph • Cryptid Hunter Sept 2021
- Over the Edge August 2021
- Waycross (Monster of the Week) August 2021
- Good Neighbors • Learn to Play Fate August 2021
- Downfall—Cyberpunk Art Therapy July 2021
- Tachyon Squadron • Learn to Play Fate June 2021
- Business Wizards June 2021
- Touring Rock Band (Fiasco) June 2021
- Enchanters vs Necromancers • Book of Hanz game May 2021
- The Frenchman and the American Solider • Book of Hanz game May 2021
- Space Spies • Book of Hanz game May 2021
- Bane of the British Museum • Book of Hanz game May 2021
- Hillfolk May 2021
- The Time Traveling Loop One Shot • Book of Hanz game April 2021
- Save the Date Mar 2021
- Junior Braves Survival Guide to the Apocalypse Dec 2020 - Feb 2021
- Weird West Jan-Apr 2021
- Everyone is Santa Dec 2020
- Masks, Dec 2020
- Band of Blades, May 2020 - Oct 2020
- Musketeers of the Sinking City, Swords of the Serpentine. Dec 2020.
- The Rogue Queen, Ashen Stars. Oct 2020
- Return to Camp Death, Fiasco. Oct 2020
- Secrets of Cats, Black Silver Fate, May 2020
- Weekend at Strahd's (Jtown) 5e. Apr 2020
- Hotelspace, a WIP RPG by Remy. Apr 2020
- A Haunting at Foxcroft Manor 5e. Mar-Apr 2020
- Hearts of Wulin: Rod of Destiny Apr 2020
- For the Queen (NPC Codex) For the Queen. Apr 2020
- Weekend at Strahd's (4K) 5e. Feb 2020
- Voyage of the Golden Dragon 3.5e Eberron Jan-Feb 2020
- Cyber Punks & Cadillacs Jan 2020
- Chessington World of Adventures Theme Park Fate. Jan 2020
- Downfall (Santa's Workshop) Dec 2019
- Pleasant View Communities Fate. Dec 2019
- Gun Nov 2019
- Everyone is John Oct 2019
- The Assembly Monster of the Week. Sept 2019
- Blades in the Dark Sept 2019
- Nest Fate. June - Aug 2019
- Verostick D&D June - July 2019
- The God Queen and the Barbarians June 2019
- City of Mist for Geek Unleashed June 2019
- She-Ra FAE. Apr 2019
- Curse of Strahd 5e. Nov 2018 - Mar 2019
- Grumpy Bear Monster of the Week. Feb 2019
- Dragon Slayerz Fiasco. 05 Sept 2018
- Amnesia Town City of Mist. 01 Sept 2018
- Jess' D&D 5e One Shot Aug 2018
- Dream Away the Time (Monster of the Week) Monster of the Week. Feb 2018
- Star Trek FAE. Dec 2017
- GenCon-Burning Wheel: Quest for the Holy Grail Aug 2017
- City of Mist, 15 July 2017
- D.O.P.E.S. M.O.V.I.E., 15 May 2016
- D.O.P.E.S John Starr From Boy to Starfighter April-May 2016
- Old Time Wushu Blues Fate. Jan 2015-Feb 2015
- D.O.P.E.S. Solving History Fate. Nov 2015-Dec 2015
- D.O.P.E.S. Shotguns and Strings Fate. Dresden Files Accelerated play test. Oct-Nov 2015
- Dragon Age Sept-Oct 2015
- Shadow of the Century Alpha Playtest, Fate. June-July 2015
- Firefly the crew of the Charon. Spring 2015
- Dungeon World (Xilk), Dungeon World. Winter 2014-2015
- Lunch Hour Heroes, Fate. June 2014 (Attempted campaign)
- Missing Ghostbusters, Fate Accelerated. May 2014
- Freight with Peril, Fate Accelerated. Nov 2013
- Thornkeep, Pathfinder with house rules. April 2013
- Emerald City Knights (MM3) (Location:Washington, PA) Apr 2012
- Racial Profiling (Location:Indy) Nov-Feb 2011
- Angel RPG (Cinematic Unisystem) (Location: Indy) Oct-Dec 2011
- Words of Power Exploring Pathfinder's Words of Power (Location: Indy) Sept 2011
- Lighthearted Lighthearted Games. May 2011
- Unisystem demos: Played Dec 2010
- Holidays in the Black, True20 space adventure continues. Played Dec 2010
- Edge of the Sky, True20 space adventure played Oct 2010
- Disposable:Gestalt Jan 2010
- Jesus and His Superfriends Save Xmas Dec 2009
- Scifi-Horror-Shadowrun, a shadowrun-esque gameday. May 2009
- Arctic Exploration, xmas themed and using the roll everything variant. Dec 2008
- The Hunting of the Crimson Lord Noncasters vs casters. Nov 2008
- Buy the Numbers, using alternate chargen rules. June 2008
- Duncan's Revenge, no special rules. Feb 2008
- Coven Coven of all specialist wizards. Feb 2007