The PDF and spreadsheet are at: http://www.timecatalyst.com/genuser/btn.zip
I'm going to hijack a conference room at Pitt where we will play. I need a final count for who wants to come. We will either get food delivered or make a group trip to Subway. Time-wise, I was looking at a 12:00/noon start.
I would like to have our next one-shot gaming day be on 01 June, a Sunday. This will not be connected to any ongoing campaigns and will be plot-light. I need to know if you are interested in playing, are available this day, and when on this day you would be available? If you know anyone else who would be interested, by all means, forward the message to them.
The theme for this one is the "Buy The Numbers" alternate character creation system. In this system, each particular class feature (including base attack, saves, hit dice and spells) has a scaling point value that are purchased with experience points. It allows you to buy whatever combination of class features you would like and without buying those that don't fit your concept or you don't think you would use. You can play a spellcaster with full base attack bonus, or a spellcaster with access to all the wizard/cleric/druid/bard lists. Exotic or high-powered combinations take more XP, though. Make the character you've always wanted to try out!
I have prepared an Excel spreadsheet to help with the (rather longhanded) math to ease the process. It currently has everything from the base classes in the PHB and most of the prestige class features from the DMG. If you want any features from other sources, I'll gladly calculate their costs and add them to the spreadsheet. I also have the PDF with the full descriptions to send to people. It's pretty short and simple. I will email them (or dump them on a website somewhere for you to download) for anyone who is going to be joining us.
Note that a future disposable gaming session will use the True20 system which has a similar as this. In it, any viable class feature or class feature package is a feat (and the feats are balanced to be of similar real values) and you get feats at every level.
- Experience: 50,000 (roughly 10-1/2th level of power)
- Gold: 50,000 (DMG standard for the ECL)
- Items: DMG, Arms & Equip, Races of Stone/Destiny/Wild, Complete Warrior/Scoundrel/Arcane/Divine, Miniatures Handbook ONLY. (I will not even consider anything from Magic Item Compendium.)
- Consumables: Consumables cost FOUR times normal price. In previous disposable game days, consumables (sadly) dominated play even at double cost. Something is a consumable if it is used a limited number of times before it is used up, and includes pets, minions and pre-cast spells.
- Crafting: Crafting feats allowed, following normal rules (including XP consumption).
- Spells: PHB and Spell Compendium ONLY
- Class features and Feats: Any from the above. Beyond these may be permitted if asked.
- Stats: 30 point buy. (Stat bumps can be bought with XP.)
- Race: PHB-only. If people enjoy this and want to do another in the future, I will cook up a method to adjust starting XP for level adjustment.
BCC list: Randy Oest, Frank Huffman, Mike Mahoney, Remy Porter, Eric Simpson, Joe Dukovich, Ryan Schultz, Joe Toy, Eric Keifer, Josiah Odhner, Herman Cillo
Build Talk Here!
My basic "divine champion" build.
- BAB 8, All saves base 4, 5 feats, 42 skill points, 2 Attribute boost
- HD = 5d12+2d10+1d6+2d4
- All simple weapons, light and medium armor, and shields
- Alignment-Based Aura (good), Divine Grace, Lay on Hands (lvl 10), Fast Movement (Barbarian), Turn Undead (2/day, lvl 1), Spontanious Casting (Cure), Favored Enemy (Evil Outsiders +2), Sneak Attack (4d6), Evasion
- Prepared Divine Caster (Charisma, CL 11, 4 domains; Glory, Purification, War, Force)
- 3 1st, 3 2nd, 3 3rd, 2 4th, and 2 5th level spells in each domain.
Thoughts and feelings anyone?--Askewnotion 16:30, 27 May 2008 (UTC)
Had similar idea called reach & smite;
- BAB5, saves 3, 7 feats (whirlwind attack) +4 cha
- Spiked chain & light armor
- Divine grace, lay on hands, turn undead 1/day, smite 3/day, detect alignment
- Prep arcane caster(cha, bard list, domain: glory & orc)
Also had a scout/sniper;
- Offlist feats=Darkstalker[LoM}, Crossbow sniper[PHB2]
- 152 sill ranks
- evasion, imp uncanny dodge, sneak attack +1d6, hide in plain sight, death attack dc 32, trapfinding
Can't find find files so I'm going off mem. --Arz 15:28, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
Remy's investigating building "something roguey". Joey has bard song. --Robhim 02:40, 31 May 2008 (UTC) PHB2 feats are allowed. I simply forgot to include that in the list. --Robhim 02:41, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
I'm building Captain America. --Wizardoest 03:54, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
Remy decided on nothing roguey, and instead is making a half-orc Barbarian.
- BAB10, frost/flaming war mace, tower shield, adamantine full plate.
- Saves: 7/4/4
- Between armor and class DRs, I've got a DR of 5/-. AC of 25. 143HP total.
- 5 greater rages/day with tireless rage. Hi, I'm your tank.
If Wizardoest is Captain America, my guy is the Incredible Hulk. Oh, but I have no skills. NONE. So, um... point me at something to hit. One more thing: my mace is smarter than I am. I threw in the cash to make it intelligent and able to bless 3/day. --t3knomanser
OK, because everyone is making superheros I'm doing batman. I've got some hide in plain sight, some shuriken (batarangs), and all kinds of other fun stuff.--Askewnotion 04:06, 1 June 2008 (UTC)
- Have an idea? Suggest one!
- Epitaph • Cryptid Hunter Sept 2021
- Over the Edge August 2021
- Good Neighbors • Learn to Play Fate August 2021
- Downfall—Cyberpunk Art Therapy July 2021
- Tachyon Squadron • Learn to Play Fate June 2021
- Business Wizards June 2021
- Touring Rock Band (Fiasco) June 2021
- Enchanters vs Necromancers • Book of Hanz game May 2021
- The Frenchman and the American Solider • Book of Hanz game May 2021
- Space Spies • Book of Hanz game May 2021
- Bane of the British Museum • Book of Hanz game May 2021
- Hillfolk May 2021
- The Time Traveling Loop One Shot • Book of Hanz game April 2021
- Save the Date Mar 2021
- Junior Braves Survival Guide to the Apocalypse Dec 2020 - Feb 2021
- Weird West Jan-Apr 2021
- Everyone is Santa Dec 2020
- Masks, Dec 2020
- Band of Blades, May 2020 - Oct 2020
- Musketeers of the Sinking City, Swords of the Serpentine. Dec 2020.
- The Rogue Queen, Ashen Stars. Oct 2020
- Return to Camp Death, Fiasco. Oct 2020
- Secrets of Cats, Black Silver Fate, May 2020
- Weekend at Strahd's (Jtown) 5e. Apr 2020
- Hotelspace, a WIP RPG by Remy. Apr 2020
- A Haunting at Foxcroft Manor 5e. Mar-Apr 2020
- Hearts of Wulin: Rod of Destiny Apr 2020
- For the Queen (NPC Codex) For the Queen. Apr 2020
- Weekend at Strahd's (4K) 5e. Feb 2020
- Voyage of the Golden Dragon 3.5e Eberron Jan-Feb 2020
- Cyber Punks & Cadillacs Jan 2020
- Chessington World of Adventures Theme Park Fate. Jan 2020
- Downfall (Santa's Workshop) Dec 2019
- Pleasant View Communities Fate. Dec 2019
- Gun Nov 2019
- Everyone is John Oct 2019
- The Assembly Monster of the Week. Sept 2019
- Blades in the Dark Sept 2019
- Nest Fate. June - Aug 2019
- Verostick D&D June - July 2019
- The God Queen and the Barbarians June 2019
- City of Mist for Geek Unleashed June 2019
- She-Ra FAE. Apr 2019
- Curse of Strahd 5e. Nov 2018 - Mar 2019
- Grumpy Bear Monster of the Week. Feb 2019
- Dragon Slayerz Fiasco. 05 Sept 2018
- Amnesia Town City of Mist. 01 Sept 2018
- Jess' D&D 5e One Shot Aug 2018
- Dream Away the Time (Monster of the Week) Monster of the Week. Feb 2018
- Star Trek FAE. Dec 2017
- GenCon-Burning Wheel: Quest for the Holy Grail Aug 2017
- City of Mist, 15 July 2017
- D.O.P.E.S. M.O.V.I.E., 15 May 2016
- D.O.P.E.S John Starr From Boy to Starfighter April-May 2016
- Old Time Wushu Blues Fate. Jan 2015-Feb 2015
- D.O.P.E.S. Solving History Fate. Nov 2015-Dec 2015
- D.O.P.E.S. Shotguns and Strings Fate. Dresden Files Accelerated play test. Oct-Nov 2015
- Dragon Age Sept-Oct 2015
- Shadow of the Century Alpha Playtest, Fate. June-July 2015
- Firefly the crew of the Charon. Spring 2015
- Dungeon World (Xilk), Dungeon World. Winter 2014-2015
- Lunch Hour Heroes, Fate. June 2014 (Attempted campaign)
- Missing Ghostbusters, Fate Accelerated. May 2014
- Freight with Peril, Fate Accelerated. Nov 2013
- Thornkeep, Pathfinder with house rules. April 2013
- Emerald City Knights (MM3) (Location:Washington, PA) Apr 2012
- Racial Profiling (Location:Indy) Nov-Feb 2011
- Angel RPG (Cinematic Unisystem) (Location: Indy) Oct-Dec 2011
- Words of Power Exploring Pathfinder's Words of Power (Location: Indy) Sept 2011
- Lighthearted Lighthearted Games. May 2011
- Unisystem demos: Played Dec 2010
- Holidays in the Black, True20 space adventure continues. Played Dec 2010
- Edge of the Sky, True20 space adventure played Oct 2010
- Disposable:Gestalt Jan 2010
- Jesus and His Superfriends Save Xmas Dec 2009
- Scifi-Horror-Shadowrun, a shadowrun-esque gameday. May 2009
- Arctic Exploration, xmas themed and using the roll everything variant. Dec 2008
- The Hunting of the Crimson Lord Noncasters vs casters. Nov 2008
- Buy the Numbers, using alternate chargen rules. June 2008
- Duncan's Revenge, no special rules. Feb 2008
- Coven Coven of all specialist wizards. Feb 2007