You stare out the window of the debriefing room in the Halls of the Even-Handed, watching the sun set over the snowy roofs of Lone Rock City. You have spent nearly all of the day here, telling Lord General Dac'Angelo everything that transpired in Ordulin. Dac'Angelo's usually friendly demeanor faded early in the day and the general in him came forth, forcing answers to questions that you didn't think you knew the answer to. Finally, now that the day is done, his demeanor changes back to friendly and he apologizes for the harsh tactics but much of the information was too important not to know.
Looking at the bag full of Robhim's belongings, Dac'Angelo assures you that Nyles will bring him back in the morning.
As the party moves to retire for the night, Grim will retire to the Kelemvor temple to tell the clergy there of the things that have happened.
At Stout's Inn there are messages for party members.
- Wolfdale: A bag filled with 2,000 gp and a note that says, "Vengeance is mine."
- Another note, from Smokin' Joe: They are gathering in Lone Rock City. I have been called away. Keep alert.
- Simon: A fine for an overdue spellbook. He doesn't remmeber taking one out of the library.
- Robhim: A note from Meridian Owen, inviting him and the rest of the party to dinner to discuss the status of the play.
- Ist'Vaech: Invitation to Victor Harpell's 99th Birthday Celebration. (over a month later)
- Robhim, Ist'Vaech, Wolfdale, Simon, Grim, Valans: Each have an invitation to a dinner at JJ Wyeth's home, honoring Finbur Glimwocket, a gnomish gondsmen weaponsmith.
Bringing back the dead
In the Msytran temple inside Scarletstone, Nyles Harpell uses a scroll of Raise Dead to return Robhim from the land of the dead. Waiting eagerly to see their friend returned to life are Wolfdale, Ist'Vaech, Cadearo, Grim, Simon, Peek-A-Boo, and Sir Valans.
At the end of the ceremony Nyles is surprised to discover that Anhur blessed Robhim with a True Resurrection. Robhim, reeling from rediscovering the world of the living is punched in the face by Sir Valans!
"I thought that we were a team, you bastard. You didn't stick with the plan and you got killed. Next time that we go back to headquarters, we find out what the King wants us to do, not what your animal-loving, criminal-friendly behind wants to do." With that said he storms from the room.
A light in the back of the temple coalesces into the form of a regally dressed Blue. He strides forward and congratulates those who bravely fought against evil. He touches Robhim, Wolfdale, Ist'vaech, Cadearo, Grim, and Simon and they glow blue for a moment.
Robhim hands Blue the falchion Glory, as it's work has been done. Blue fades away.
Free Time (5 weeks)
Robhim retrains his abilities -- and learns how to scribe scrolls. He spends much of this time scribing scrolls. What is not spent scribing, he attends to guild affairs, happy to have hired a great secretary. He also finalizes the plans for the Keep and attends to ground breaking.
(other players insert here)
Dinner with JJ Wyeth
Prior to the formal dinner, the Warriors of the Morning Breeze are called before Queen Rebecca Harpell to discuss the dinner. The party will be representing the city's interest at the dinner and they will be accompanied by a small group of talented Watch members that includes Muireachadh, a half sea-elf.
J.J. Wyeth's dinner is a formal affair to welcome a visiting magical warfare crafter, Finbur Glimwocket. Wyeth's home is filled with many display cases showing off weapons of all types, though favoring arms and armor.
Prior to dinner, all the guests are invited to a small battleground where Glimwocket will be showing off his latest items. When he asks for a volunteer Miur pushed Simon forward and studdering he takes the stage. While Simon preps for the show, Robhim runs into Dreena Blingblingstone and the two have a discussion over fashion faux paus and both believe they won the verbal sparring.
Taking the stage, Glimwocket shows off the following:
- First he shares suit of armor that he invented, which was originally a commission for a dwarf clan. He pulls out a suit of studded leather armor and after he dons it he turns invisible to all the elves in the room! He is working to adapt the magic so that it becomes invisible to humans.
- Next he pulls forth a longsword that he developed for a mysterious man who said that he wished to slay a Thayan wizard. It's a greater dispelling longsword
- Lastly, he pulls forth his latest and greatest creation to date from a large lockbox. What he pulls out is a large rod and three wands. He slides each of the wands into the rod and leads the onlookers down a hallway and into a large bare room where a single kobold is chained against the wall. He takes aim at the kobold, speaks a command word and three bolts of fire spill forth from the rod and killing the kobold instantly. Everyone present applauds and comments about how remarkable it is.
Attacked during dinner
As the third dinner course comes around, the steaming covered dishes are revealed to have fog and silence cast on them! Most of the waitstaff begins to keep the party at bay, trying not to hurt them too badly. Simon, attempting to hide ducks under the table and realizes that the table is blocking the silence! Soon Robhim has taken cover under the table and they begin a magical offensive.
The battle rages on in the next session...
Lone Rock City: Gaming Sessions
Welcome to the Island, Back Alleys, Into the Woods, Rumblings, Underground, Defeating the Kocraken, "Mining Accident", The King's Murder, Long Live the King?, Tangled Trees, Heading Home, At Sea, Back in the City, God Shopping, Attacking the Darkness (Janus Raid), Under the Sea, Cavern of Deep Sashelas, Cavern of Deep Sashelas, part 2, Realm of the Dolphions, Meadmaker Mashup, Shieldmeet, Tending to Business, Fantine Taylor vs the Party, The Rescue of Delicious Harpell, Hunting Harpells, Attack of the 50 foot Ooze, Champions of Good?, Down the Rabbit Hole, Three Strikes, The King's Men, Heist, Prologue, Heist, Save the Beast, Rescue from the Duergar, Devil Elves Infest the Dark Wood, Artifact Evacuation, Rods of Thinuan Discovered, We Three Kings, Ghost from the past, Father and Daughter, Visiting the Elin of Nomin, The View From Inside The Jail, Hunting the Darkness, The Servant's Last Dance, Amnesia (Alternate World), Wedding and the End of the World (Alternate World), In the Garden of Evil, Deal with the Devil, The Death of Janus, Social Obligations, Bugs in the Floor, Finding Glimwocket, Return of Brennel, Quest for the Birthday Present (part 1), Quest for the Birthday Present (part 2), Ist'Vaech Is Having A Baby!, Fighting the Blood Clan, Defending the Muir Hole, Garrison of the Gale Grand Gala, Regicide, Bridezilla, Emergence of Nightbringer, Death and Return of Ist'Vaech, Dwarf Ghost and Riddles, Returned the Soulstone (in the Mail), Snubbed by the Githyanki, The Darkness Inside, Trip to Waterdeep, Kobolds Killing Cattle, Liberator Terrorist Attack, Liberators Secret Complex (multi-session), Wes Escapes From The Underworld, The Guards Kill Lemures Without Dying, Lil' Robby, No One Trusts Talen, Battle Interactive, Harlann's Evacuation,
Alternate World Sessions: Amnesia (Alternate World), Wedding and the End of the World (Alternate World),